Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

check out these front diferential tq numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oops sorry, forgot the size was 8.25...my fault. Good luck finding them though.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:59 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

parish, you still need them pics? or are you content with your 825?
Old 08-24-2004, 06:36 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
parish, you still need them pics? or are you content with your 825?
i think i am good for now. sounds like there are just 2 fronts. the 8.25 and the 9.xx, i have a 9.xx out of a 02 HD truck and it is definately too wide to just bolt in. i am not going to worry about it for now. just get the traction and see what happens.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by parish8
i think i am good for now. sounds like there are just 2 fronts. the 8.25 and the 9.xx, i have a 9.xx out of a 02 HD truck and it is definately too wide to just bolt in. i am not going to worry about it for now. just get the traction and see what happens.

What kind of 60 foots are you able to get before wheel hop? I am only having problems with traction when launching my truck but have not had a hop yet. It just spins all four really smooth for ten feet max and hooks. I guess it could be a power difference, but I am wondering if it might be a suspension difference. I am lowered a good four inches around running tubular a-arms up front and de-arched springs out back.

Martin
Old 08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Blown Yellow
What kind of 60 foots are you able to get before wheel hop? I am only having problems with traction when launching my truck but have not had a hop yet. It just spins all four really smooth for ten feet max and hooks. I guess it could be a power difference, but I am wondering if it might be a suspension difference. I am lowered a good four inches around running tubular a-arms up front and de-arched springs out back.

Martin
Blownyellow, have you had that thing on a dyno? At the dragstrip? I'm surprised the magnacharger will give you that much boost on a 409! What size pulley? Details!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
Blownyellow, have you had that thing on a dyno? At the dragstrip? I'm surprised the magnacharger will give you that much boost on a 409! What size pulley? Details!!!
It is actually seeing 9#'s on the gauge and it is screaming like a banshee to make those pounds. I am still playing around with the combonation but with water injection the truck is making 475 RWHP horsepower and 620 foot pounds of torque through a 4l80e and dana 60 rear.

The charger is blowing some seriously hot air and I have to limit my shift points to 5400 rpm or else the power falls off the charts. I will make a pass either this friday or the one following and see if I can take the honors of the fastest magna charged truck before ditching the unit and going with a turbo or f-1 procharger.

The only times I have at this point are unofficial and done on a g-tech pro, but none the less it still cranked out an 11.41. It defies all logic that this truck can pull like it does but I think the torque oriented build style with the 4:56 gears just seems to work with a heavy truck. It actually breaks traction on the 1-2 shift in 4x4 (although briefly) but that is still impressive.

As for the pulley size, let's just say it is the same size as the snout on the charger .

Martin
Old 08-24-2004, 11:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

It is actually seeing 9#'s on the gauge and it is screaming like a banshee to make those pounds. I am still playing around with the combonation but with water injection the truck is making 475 RWHP horsepower and 620 foot pounds of torque through a 4l80e and dana 60 rear.

The charger is blowing some seriously hot air and I have to limit my shift points to 5400 rpm or else the power falls off the charts. I will make a pass either this friday or the one following and see if I can take the honors of the fastest magna charged truck before ditching the unit and going with a turbo or f-1 procharger.

The only times I have at this point are unofficial and done on a g-tech pro, but none the less it still cranked out an 11.41. It defies all logic that this truck can pull like it does but I think the torque oriented build style with the 4:56 gears just seems to work with a heavy truck. It actually breaks traction on the 1-2 shift in 4x4 (although briefly) but that is still impressive.

As for the pulley size, let's just say it is the same size as the snout on the charger .

Martin
There has been some HUGE debates on here about whether or not the radix could support over 500rwhp. Most people say it can't. But there are a few that insist it can. 475rwhp seems like the logical limit to me. I wonder what your truck would put down with the belt unhooked?

That thing will be a beast with an F-1 or turbo!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Teching In

There has been some HUGE debates on here about whether or not the radix could support over 500rwhp. Most people say it can't. But there are a few that insist it can. 475rwhp seems like the logical limit to me. I wonder what your truck would put down with the belt unhooked?

That thing will be a beast with an F-1 or turbo!
I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. Maybe the darn blower is actually restricting the engine. A 409 with fulley ported LS6 heads should put out these horsepower numbers, I do now for surew that the torqe would take a hike if the charger was pulled.

The problem I am having is that I can not rev the engine high enough to take full advantage of the air this engine could inhale. At the same time with such a small pulley building max boost off the line it is making what this 4700 pound truck needs, Torque! ????

BTW, I am not running a radix, it is a side mount.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:38 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. Maybe the darn blower is actually restricting the engine. A 409 with fulley ported LS6 heads should put out these horsepower numbers, I do now for surew that the torqe would take a hike if the charger was pulled.

The problem I am having is that I can not rev the engine high enough to take full advantage of the air this engine could inhale. At the same time with such a small pulley building max boost off the line it is making what this 4700 pound truck needs, Torque! ????

BTW, I am not running a radix, it is a side mount.
A SIDE MOUNT? Youre kidding! A side mount has to be a restriction for that engine! I'll bet if you pulled the belt and bumped the shifts to 6000+, you'd run the same times.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Teching In

A SIDE MOUNT? Youre kidding! A side mount has to be a restriction for that engine! I'll bet if you pulled the belt and bumped the shifts to 6000+, you'd run the same times.

LOL, the idea I am trying to get across is that side mount or not it is generating the numbers down low to get the thing moving. Sure the engine might make more power up top N/A but I don't think it would help my times.

LOL again, I knew that would get your attention when I said side mount but it just makes the combo all that more unusual, and the possibilities for the future much more evedent.

This is not my primary go fast vehicle so I find it amusing and not to mention sometimes profitable to pop the hood after smoking a Viper, or a heads and cam LS1, and showing off that little blower on the left

Later,

Martin

Quick Reply: check out these front diferential tq numbers