Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cherrybombs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Cherrybombs

Lol i know its oldschool/ghetto, but does anybody currently have these in the straight threw glasspack? how loud are they? like are they loud and pround, but still tolerable from inside the cab, or just straight up stupid loud? i'm looking to do them from the cat, back to a custom h pipe to the packs to a dual side exit right before the rear axle.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love their sound, I think it's one of the best out there out of any muffler. But, they do get loud when they burn out.(the packing inside the muffler) For the first 8-12 months they have a nice mello rumble. But in the end, after 10 months the get really loud. I had no cats on, until I got pulled over by the cops, then I put some in and that really helped. Even then it was almost impossible to be quiet off idle, if that doesn't bother you, cool.
I've got an '03 6.0l and I wanted something that sounded similar to the Cherrybomb but could still be quiet. I put on 2 oval dynomax mufflers 2.5" in 2.25" out after the cats. It's a little louder in the cab than stock but not too bad. I do wish it was quieter, in the cab sometimes, but I'm picky. I love the sound, it's perfect. I was really worried that it would sound like the exhaust was under water, like some of those mufflers do.
good luck, hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89-5.7Chevy
Lol i know its oldschool/ghetto, but does anybody currently have these in the straight threw glasspack? how loud are they? like are they loud and pround, but still tolerable from inside the cab, or just straight up stupid loud? i'm looking to do them from the cat, back to a custom h pipe to the packs to a dual side exit right before the rear axle.
A Cherrybom is a great, sweet *** sound. If you like to have a straight up musclecar sound then, these are perfect.

And a true Cherrybomb muffler is only made one way.....straight thru-glasspacked!

They are very affordable and flow excellent!

They are loud....and you will have some drone in the cab, but it's nothing you can't deal with.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
A Cherrybom is a great, sweet *** sound. If you like to have a straight up musclecar sound then, these are perfect.

And a true Cherrybomb muffler is only made one way.....straight thru-glasspacked!

They are very affordable and flow excellent!

They are loud....and you will have some drone in the cab, but it's nothing you can't deal with.
Thanks alot... that muscle car is exactly what i'm looking for... and once i find the right cam i'm sure it will "talk" quite nicely through those. If i keep my cats tho, i'm not in danger of getting pulled over for them am i?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89-5.7Chevy
Thanks alot... that muscle car is exactly what i'm looking for... and once i find the right cam i'm sure it will "talk" quite nicely through those. If i keep my cats tho, i'm not in danger of getting pulled over for them am i?
If you're loud you got a chance of being pulled over anyway. If you got no cats, they will just write you an exhaust ticket anyway. Hell...pay it and go on.

I run no cats with long tube headers and a SLP LM resonator and I've not been pulled yet.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was in highschool and the cop was a ********. He had so many poeple complain about him that he got transfered out of the area. I think it would be hard to get pulled over for a loud exhaust, unless you were doing something you shouldn't be doing.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

true... I think they sound pretty nice if you use a big enough diameter... the small ones crackle and pop too much and are too high pitched... so get a bigger, longer one.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

the only thing I would worry about is rasp.. if you have cats still then it wouldnt be ask bad, that that loud raspy sound is the worse sound in the world I think. The plus of the cherry bombs is their price. If for some reason you dont like them, then you can ditch them and not be out of much cash. I reccomend the dynomax round muffler. Its not the bullet or a cherry bomb, but its straight through and helps make a really nice deep sound. Plus its stupid loud when you get on it I couldnt run the bullets of cherry bombs since they had to much rasp with the headers and no cats and 3000 stall lol..

this round muffler is perfect.. sounds better than my TA almost with open pipes
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

i didnt think they made them anymore. my cousin had a set of them on his '68 truck with a 327 and they had the best sound of almost anything ive ever heard.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

purple hornies are comparable too

Quick Reply: Cherrybombs