Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Chevy bulletins....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chevy bulletins....?

Since I no longer work at the dealership, how can I find out about any bulletins (besides calling the dealership) on my 2003 Silverado 4X4.

I have never engaged the 4WD on this truck but one time and that was just to make sure that it worked (this was in my driveway...which is 1500 ft. long and gravel).

I am asking about the Bulletins, because just within this past week and a half, the light comes on in the DIC (driver information center)..and displays ...saying...SERVICE 4WD).

just was wondering if there are any parts guys/service managers out there that might could let me know. Would appreciate it....thanks

shedra.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

i have had this problem with my 1999. it was a common problem back then. thought they fixed it. the problem was in the push button controls in the dash. it needed to be replaced. not sure on the new trucks though
Old 03-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Teching In

okay...thanks keuka...I figured it was some kind of sensor problem...Have an appointment at a dealership in the morning, and kinda wanted a little inside info...instead of going in there blind......know what I mean?

So I could know if I was getting the run around or a straight answer. Even if it is still under warranty.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a bulletin for a tccm reprogram to fix a service 4wd lamp condition.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Launching!

You mean this one

Document ID# 1341278
2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service 4WD Light On, 4WD Inoperative, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) C0300 and/or C0305 Set (Reprogram Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM)) #03-04-21-005 - (06/05/2003)
Service 4WD Light On, 4WD Inoperative, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) C0300 and/or C0305 Set (Reprogram Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM))
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, TrailBlazer

2003 GMC Envoy, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

with 4WD (RPOs NP4, NP8)

Condition
Some customers may comment that the Service 4WD light is on and/or the 4WD is inoperative.

Cause
Condition may be caused by a TCCM calibration issue.

Correction
Follow the service procedure below for diagnosis and repair of this condition.

With a scan tool, select the TCCM DTCs.
If TCCM DTCs C0300 or C0305 are present in the TCCM, continue with TCCM reprogramming in Step 2.
If TCCM DTC C0374 is present with any of the above codes, disregard and clear the DTC and continue with TCCM reprogramming in step 2.
If TCCM DTC C0374 is present alone with none of the above listed codes, additional diagnosis is required. Refer to Service Information (SI) for proper diagnosis of the applicable vehicle.
If TCCM DTC C0550 is present, refer to DTC C0550 in SI for proper diagnosis of the applicable vehicle.
Clear all DTCs and reprogram the TCCM with TIS version 3.5 or newer released to the dealers on 3-22-03. Refer to Transfer Case Control Module Reprogramming (SI Document ID #727487).
Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N8521
Module, Transfer Case Control - Reprogram
0.4 hr

Add:
Diagnosis
0.0-0.3 hr

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 1341278
2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD
Old 03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

exactly.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Default the Chevy bulletin thread

Thanks you two for the replies........and Flatop08

...thanks for the printout of the bulletin... When I was in the parts dept. I had to keep up with those things (all paper) and binders upon binders of them...I guess it is all on computer now. The dealership where I worked was family owned and operated at the same location since 1926. I loved working there better than any other place I have ever worked. (bank, radio station in Nasville, Finance company)...Sure would be much easier now with the computer.

Didn't even have the use of a computer in parts when I managed it...everything was ordered over the phone, tracked over the phone , etc.

Took my truck in this morning (to another dealership) and have to take it back in the morning ....they are going to replace the "encoder module" ?? Sound right?

Again Thanks for your reply...
shedra
Old 03-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Launching!

There is another bulletin about replacing the sensor on the encoder motor also. The last dealership I worked at was all done the old why to.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Teching In

I kinda wish I was still working there but the company sold out and now it is under new people/management....but still a Chevy dealership....but not the same people...that I have known for the past 30 something years.