Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

comp cams trunion upgrade kit bang head

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Yeah I know I laughed when I read it this week after hearing of all these Comp failures...I am running 918's and often get nervous...I may change to pacs
yeah i wouldnt trust the 918s either ive seen plenty of those break. comp needs to get there **** together cause they lost me as a customer.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Pretty sure he meant that the hole isn't even close to the center of that trunion. That's what I thought when I read it anyways.

Nobody questions you Billy, you know your

And no for you!!
Ooops...my bad, guess that I just read it wrong as I have had guys call me out in the past when I have negative input about Comp...not to mention, I have been known to make a mistake or two in the past, and am always willing to fess up to it for the good of the forum when necessary

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I am not sure what could NOT be considered close in your op??I wouldnt of even connected the two statements had you not e-called me out..I was talking about the hole..and the irony is they received iso certifcation doing shady work like: (these,918's.fast intakes)
Sorry brother, I totally read your post the wrong way...I think that I was just getting ready to get flamed after bashing Comp, as I mentioned that I have in the past A lot of us run Comp products (myself included), and hate to think that we may have a possible ticking time bomb in our engines, so we rise to Comp's defense....

I apologize if I "e-called you-out", that wasn't my intention

*EDIT* I'm not trying to make excuses...but I took a few extra pain killers the day that I made that post, and my judgement may (read: definitely was) a bit impaired

Last edited by budhayes3; 07-24-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Pretty sure he meant that the hole isn't even close to the center of that trunion. That's what I thought when I read it anyways.

Nobody questions you Billy, you know your

And no for you!!
BTW, thank you very much for the compliment Roger, it really means a ton coming from someone as knowledgeable as yourself, who, in my opinion, is one of the most knowledgeable gents on this site I can honestly say that I've never seen you post misinformation, and I have always been impressed by the diplomatic, non-confrontational way that you get your point across without any hurt feelings. You're a definite asset to PT.net
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting. I upgraded my stock rockers with this upgrade kit last winter and it went together really smooth. Although I had one bearing that didnt want to roll really well so I called them up and two days laters I had a set of two hassle free.

I agree this shouldnt of passed through inspection. I would of been
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Praise The Lowered

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Ooops...my bad, guess that I just read it wrong as I have had guys call me out in the past when I have negative input about Comp...not to mention, I have been known to make a mistake or two in the past, and am always willing to fess up to it for the good of the forum when necessary

Sorry brother, I totally read your post the wrong way...I think that I was just getting ready to get flamed after bashing Comp, as I mentioned that I have in the past A lot of us run Comp products (myself included), and hate to think that we may have a possible ticking time bomb in our engines, so we rise to Comp's defense....

I apologize if I "e-called you-out", that wasn't my intention

*EDIT* I'm not trying to make excuses...but I took a few extra pain killers the day that I made that post, and my judgement may (read: definitely was) a bit impaired
No worries man..I was playing on the callout comment but any type of emotion is hard to see on the interwebz..You are definately one of the guys on here I respect..Got any more pain killers j/k
Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2BFAST
Interesting. I upgraded my stock rockers with this upgrade kit last winter and it went together really smooth. Although I had one bearing that didnt want to roll really well so I called them up and two days laters I had a set of two hassle free.

I agree this shouldnt of passed through inspection. I would of been
luckly all my bearings are fine they just messed up one of the trunions. man it makes me wish i did the harland sharps instead i keep hearing more and more stories about comp and not good ones either .
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
luckly all my bearings are fine they just messed up one of the trunions. man it makes me wish i did the harland sharps instead i keep hearing more and more stories about comp and not good ones either .
Youll be fine. Iv heard negative stories about Harlands as well so dont have that in the back of ur head all the time. Theres other things that run through my head when im letting the motor sing besides that lol
Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 AM

Well I got my trunion from comp and put it together and everything seems good
Old 08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Teching In

How are these trunions from comp holding up?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
How are these trunions from comp holding up?
they've been good so far havent had any problems