Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Confused about header options (I searched)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Confused about header options (I searched)

I just bought an 02 Z71 RCSB and it badly needs new exhaust. It has hacked up stock cats and a rusted away bullet off the terribly hacked up stock y. I have searched this forum for a week now weighing all the options but am just as confused now...

TSP 1 3/4 - Out of stock. Headers do not indicate 4wd fitment. Y pipe says 2wd only. Is this true or will it fit a 4wd truck? These are the ones I want out of the entire bunch. I am just concerned about them actually fitting.

CalSpeed - They emailed back and just simply said no 4wd headers.

Ebay headers - Price has tripled or worse (some are close to $2000 now!) and all show the old design with the "hump" but none say 4wd. Reading here shows hit or miss fitment.

Pacesetter - ceramic coated mild steel. I can't run anything like that here for a dd in the snow.

Doug Thorley - Same as pacesetters.

On top of it all, TSP, OBX, DNA, Calspeed, etc all show out of stock anyway. I need to order these soon to fix the all the fail going on with my exhaust right now..

*Edit* I guess I should add that I haven't looked at the more expensive options like Stainless Works and Dynatech mostly because of the cost. I have heard there is a member here that can get a good deal on one of the more expensive brands. Which brand is it, who can get that deal and what kind of pricing is it?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any idea on that the heck is up with the ebay headers price? I was going to get a set for my truck but I just checked..the price is $488.99, they were 318.99!! What gives!?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2K Silvy
Anyone have any idea on that the heck is up with the ebay headers price? I was going to get a set for my truck but I just checked..the price is $488.99, they were 318.99!! What gives!?
Have you seen the ones that come with header wrap that are like $1850? Wow..
Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I have heard there is a member here that can get a good deal on one of the more expensive brands. Which brand is it, who can get that deal and what kind of pricing is it?
That's me!

Take a look at American Racing Headers. They will be a perfect fit on your 4x4, and they are stainless too, so no worries about corrosion. For power, sound, quality, and fitment, they cannot be beat.

Send me a PM with some info about your truck, what size headers you want, and also with or without cats. I'll get back to you right away.

Roger
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
That's me!

Take a look at American Racing Headers. They will be a perfect fit on your 4x4, and they are stainless too, so no worries about corrosion. For power, sound, quality, and fitment, they cannot be beat.

Send me a PM with some info about your truck, what size headers you want, and also with or without cats. I'll get back to you right away.

Roger
Roger is a great guy and the men behind ARH are TOP NOTCH. I've never used their products personally but know some who have, as well as personally talking to some of the staff a few years back. Excellent people and well worth the price!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TSP 1 3/4 - Out of stock. Headers do not indicate 4wd fitment. Y pipe says 2wd only. Is this true or will it fit a 4wd truck? These are the ones I want out of the entire bunch. I am just concerned about them actually fitting.
When I was looking for header, I called Texas Speed and was told their stainless steel headers were not a true bolt-on fit for 4X4 trucks.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by batboy
When I was looking for header, I called Texas Speed and was told their stainless steel headers were not a true bolt-on fit for 4X4 trucks.
Did they say what kind of modifications were needed?

I got a PM from Roger about the ARH headers and I am trying to decide if they are worth the extra 600 or not. I was trying to do the all new exhaust on a relative budget and am not sure if I need that nice of a header or not?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Have you seen the ones that come with header wrap that are like $1850? Wow..
Yea that is a little insane. I sent them a message so hopefully I can figure what is up with that. I will pay the 318 for them if I can get that deal. Personally I will spend about $350 on a set of headers and not any more. $$: Performance ratio doesn't make much sense to me haha. I guess you do gotta pay to play though.

Oh and Roger is cool. He was quick to ship my things out. Awesome guy.

Last edited by 2K Silvy; 03-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rogers got the hookups, yo! Haha, I love my mine. They are well worth the money man.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really leaning towards the ARH setup. Just hard to swallow the doubled price over what I had expected to spend.

My biggest fear is going cheap and they not working, and still needing to buy the ARH setup. Maybe I just need to buy once cry once..

Quick Reply: Confused about header options (I searched)