Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well im glad to hear it sounds so good! I hevent actually heard one with stock headers and y-pipe so this will be a first. All the sets ive heard have had LT's and O/R Y-pipe so they have been LOUD!

I cant believe the muffler to so big though! I wonder why they did it that way. The other cat backs mufflers are moderate size or maybe even a little on the small side. Good thing i wont be lookin under the truck all the time cause i hate a huge muffler! lol
Old 06-13-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

The muffler is so huge because the chambers in the muffer are very long and of varying lenghts. This is what makes Corsa's sound cancelation technology work. In a nutshell, soundwaves travel at fixed velocity (ok well it does actually vary, but you only need to worry about that when flying a jet), Corsa's chambers reflect the soundwave in a manner that when they return to the open pipe they out of phase. For those science geeks, its destructive interference, for us it equals quiet
Old 06-13-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for breaking it down for me. It makes sense.

Will it really be too nasty and raspy with LT's and no cats? What catback would sound good with the LT's and o/r Y-pipe? Seems like Corsa is bad *** only if the stock cats and headers are on there but then its a little quiet.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

I have had my corsa sport dual rear exit on since March. I love it! Nice Tone rumble at start up. In cab noise is ZERO, in city moderate acceleration osunds nice, not obnxious like others, speed limit cruise there is a slight rumble, ( you can only hear with windows down) , BUT......When you stomp it down, Holy ****, it sounds frickin sweet! I think that the RPM range it loves best is 2500-5000 RPM's, she will sing for you in those ranges. Reading some of the posts I kind of want to make a point. Not only are you paying for the Muffler, Tips, and Clamps, but this is a all stainless steel unit folks, (Last time I checked Stainless Steel tubing is not cheap or too easy to bend without the tubes filled with sand so they dont kink.) Lifetime warrenty, oh and that cute little sticker too! This is the system they use on Vette's Vipers, Hummers, etc.... Not your basic $250.00 cat back kit! And no I dont work for them, just a huge fan of their product. I too would like to hear one with the cats gutted, and LT's ORY. Thinking about doing that soon!!!! Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Well im sure you will be hearing mine soon.

Im guessing it would be better since you said its all stainless and in one solid piece along with being warrantied, i should just install it and leave it the way it is. Ill have the LT's and O/R Y-pipe soon enough so maybe you can hear mine if yours isnt done yet. I just hope its not too raspy! I may have to cut the stainless to weld in a resonator if it is.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nickvrebel
the difference is one hanger is in a different location, an exaust shop can fix that after you have the system installed (it'll hang good enough to get you to the shop to relocate the hanger). The truck in the picture is a 2001
Thanks Nick, my friend has a welder so that won't be a problem, however due to my laziness I'd likely just have a shop install it anyways Unfortunately the guy sold the last one before I saw your post, but he said he'd let me know when he gets more
Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
12 Second Truck Club

wanna see a smokin' deal
Can't believe I Got This Corsa so Cheap

It came in and is perfect, This guys sells all applications cheap and FREE S&H. Mine arrived in 3 days!

Haven't installed it yet, but will next week when I get some time off from work. I'm kinda in the same boat as some on here because they don't make a system for a 1500HD, but I had to have Corsa for the No Drone and Great tone. I bought the 2500HD System and will modify hangers as needed to fit.

Also, yeah it's a big muffler

But Straight through with only a couple of ports in the inner tubing, otherwise it's just an insulated pipe (This is a Sport system)

Money Shot
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bastard,
I just got my 1500 system for $420!
Mine just arrived too, Can't wait, it'll be on in... 5 hours.

This is what the prices should be all the time.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Moddoo
This is what the prices should be all the time.
Agreed, $369 is a smokin deal, but how much is it really worth, Probably not much more........I squeak too much to shuck out 800 bucks for some pipes!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
Agreed, $369 is a smokin deal, but how much is it really worth, Probably not much more........I squeak too much to shuck out 800 bucks for some pipes!

That is a badass deal.

Yeah there was no way in hell I was going to pay the usually going rate for Corsa. I've seen them as cheap as $650 on other websites but that was still too rich for my blood.
I figured for about $420 is what my local muffler guy would have charged me for a dual catback w/ Magnaflows, he does all the stainless pipe work and does an excellent job too. I always wanted a Corsa and now I should have mine tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???