Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No cats would fix that real quick! lol
Old 06-15-2006, 07:17 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by stall speed
If someone buys a touring edition and wants the SPORT muffler I will trade my sport muffler with less than 500 miles on it that was replaced under lifetime warranty.
Why did you need to get it replaced under warranty?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
Why did you need to get it replaced under warranty?

AFTER 3 YEARS OF USE IT STARTED TO RATTLE INSIDE THE MUFFLER.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice thing is is no matter what, you can get a new muffler out of them since its lifetime warranty.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Well guys, i arrived home to my corsa exhaust sittin on my porch today. Everything looked great until i opened up the boxes. The tip was MINT, the piping was Perfect but the muffler had a small dent in one end of it so it looks as though i will be sending it back to be replaced. None of the pipe or even the muffler had a Corsa logo on it except the tips. Kinda strange or are they all like that?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Heck, I dunno if a small dent is gonna hurt performance.....I would put it on and see if all is ok. If it doesnt perform the way it should then send it back. That exchanging parts crap is too much of a hassle for me.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Well guys, i arrived home to my corsa exhaust sittin on my porch today. Everything looked great until i opened up the boxes. The tip was MINT, the piping was Perfect but the muffler had a small dent in one end of it so it looks as though i will be sending it back to be replaced. None of the pipe or even the muffler had a Corsa logo on it except the tips. Kinda strange or are they all like that?

That sucks to hear, at least you got yours.

Yeah I was kind of surprised that the muffler did not have any kind of stamping on it. I thought the tips had Corsa engraved on them

Maybe this is why we are getting such a deal on them, could these be some kind of bad production batch? Oh well if thats all it is, I'm not complaining.

How bad is that dent that your going to send it back?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

the tip has like a laser etching of "Corsa" on it, but that's the only marking that I saw
Old 06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

The dent is'nt too terribly bad. Im just super picky with my stuff being just right. Its enough to notice. About 1"x1" on one end of the side casing on the muffler. The tip does have the Laser engraving on it. Thats the only thing that was marked with a Corsa logo other than the boxes. I wonder how they can even tell the Sport and Touring mufflers apart with no stamp or logo or anything? I really dont think its a bad production batch. Quality wise, they look flawless. Its just the one little dent that kinda buggin me. Everything else looks SWEET!

I dont know... Im going to get in touch with the guy and see what he says about the damage. I guess depending on his answer, i will have to see if its worth sending it back or not.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, the thing I would be worried about is since it hit something hard enough to dent, I wonder if it could have knocked something loose?

Quick Reply: Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???