Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa modded to exit in front of rear tire....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa modded to exit in front of rear tire....

Well guys,
I finally did it this past weekend! I had my Corsa Sport set up as side exit in front of the rear tire on my crewcab. It looks and sounds amazing! I wanted it this way because it is different and i love the look of side exit exhaust!! Not only that, i have ran dumps on every truck so far and that echo drone is on my last nerve! Anyways, I originally went to affordable muffler and they did and excellent job but couldnt quite get the tip adjusted exactly how i wanted it. Manuel said thats as far as I could go with it as the exhaust was not left with enough room in the piping to move the tip around any so it was a little less flush with the body line as i would have liked but still looked good(Just not good enough for my picky ***). I then took it to Deer Park muffler just to see what they had to say about what i wanted it to look like and they did it just how i wanted it. Mark actually cut the pipe off that affordable muffler had set up and made a whole new pipe with the right bends and everything to get the angle of the tip right where i wanted it. He test fitted it and lowered and raised the truck on the lift twice to step back and make sure it was positioned correctly before making his final welds which looked GREAT by the way! Then he painted the whole system under there black with exhaust paint to make it look nice and hidden other than the stainless tips of course and gave me an excellent price on fixing it for me. Deer park muffler is back in my book as a good place to deal with! The exhaust is a little quieter than i expected but sounds FAN-*******-TABULOUS!! When your cruising its kinda quiet but you can still hear it a little but it screams when you romp on it! By far the best sounding and best quality exhaust i have ever owned and ive been through ALOT!! It also has NO DRONE which i love! Inside the cab you dont really hear it too much but outside, its sounds so good!

I was also able to keep my whole stainless pipe kit untouched so if i ever decide to bring the exhaust out the rear for any reason, ill be able to have the tip and muffler cut off and bolt it all together. Ill be posting pics and a sounds clip soon! Its been nasty weather here lately so my truck is nasty so when i get it cleaned up, ill post pics!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 08-28-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Word, I love my Corsa!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Addict

Pics???
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Sexy Party Mod

without video!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

this thread sucks without at least a damn sound clip!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Alright guys, Ill get one up asap! I knew i would catch **** for posting without pics or a clip! lol

Just be patient.... Im gonna clean the truck up tomorrow and take some pics and try to get a clip tomorrow as well. We will see how the weather looks.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmm,
*** cleaning it up.
You think our trucks don't get dirty!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

WEATHER SHMEATHER lol...
Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

HAHA. Alright guys, ill take a big ol nasty pic of my grey truck that is supposed to be black and my nasty *** rims that look brown right now from driving through the nasty roads of Alvin over here by where im at! Oh, and the tips are already so nasty, you can barely read Corsa on them.

Ill do a quick wash up and post some pics.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Still waiting....

Quick Reply: Corsa modded to exit in front of rear tire....