Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa Rocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Just the Muffler

I gotta say, I agree with Corsa on not selling just the muffler.
As an owner of a Touring system, I reflect on the price of my system often. People listen to it in and out of the cab and like it but always ask "How Much?" Most do not understand.
I really like a really quiet in-cab atmosphere. With the nice ride, leather seats and XM radio, why should I constantly bombard my self with exhaust resonance? This is also why I run Michelin Cross Terrains, because they are most likley the quietest running tire I have ever run. I like performance and a nice sound outside too. I have tried lots of systems without the success of a resonance free highway cruise only to drop them to the ground and give some lucky soul a good deal on a used system.
So I try and comfort myself with the notion of what I have paid for. A well built life time warranted system with a straight through flow that does not resonate as lesser built units do.
Now if Corsa started selling stand alone mufflers and folks went to splicing them into all sorts of configurations, I believe they would loose allot of reputation as to what they are marketing. A quiet in-cab system that flows in performance numbers and is not annoying in the cab.
You can't blame them for that, agree?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds right.... but some of us cant afford the price of a whole cat-back we would like the price to come down!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

and some of us have screwed with our stock exhaust pipes already and there is no available corsa cat back.....like me. I JUST WANT THE DAMN MUFFLER without having to redo my whole exhaust stock style
Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vtodd82
and some of us have screwed with our stock exhaust pipes already and there is no available corsa cat back.....like me. I JUST WANT THE DAMN MUFFLER without having to redo my whole exhaust stock style

me too!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vtodd82
It's really not "stock style". Is your stock exhaust system all medrel bent and stainless steel? I see where your going with this though. If you have your exhaust pipes exiting in different locations, then purchasing the Corsa system would put everything back to stock locations.
I'm a little surprised they do not offer at least 2 different tip configurations.
maybe at least a cosmetic dual out the rear or 2 trick looking rear corner turn down tips.
Anyways, I'm on a big waiting list I assume.

Jim
Old 04-05-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
It's really not "stock style". Is your stock exhaust system all medrel bent and stainless steel? I see where your going with this though. If you have your exhaust pipes exiting in different locations, then purchasing the Corsa system would put everything back to stock locations.
I'm a little surprised they do not offer at least 2 different tip configurations.
maybe at least a cosmetic dual out the rear or 2 trick looking rear corner turn down tips.
Anyways, I'm on a big waiting list I assume.

Jim
my exhaust is about as far from stock as it can get. there is no cat back on my truck. its all welded and mandrel bent. there isnt the flanges just to unbolt anymore. its dumped on both sides behind the rear wheels.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

i got my corsa on today and it fuggin rocks! i killed about a 1/2 tank of gas today b/c it sounds like a raped ape! oh man it was worth teh wait, two thumbs up and 5 stars for it! if u dont have one, you dont know what you're missing!
-ryan
Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by therock
I gotta say, I agree with Corsa on not selling just the muffler. ......................................You can't blame them for that, agree?
In my circumstance the sport system was just right sound wise. After install of headers and free flow cats it is louder than I like, so I would like to try the touring series. Not to mention the freaking rattle my muffler has developed at idle. Only option I have is to buy and entire new system! Philosphy works great if money is not a consideration. Corsa will loose sales and repeat customers with this attitude.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default KySilverado, Two Questions?

OK, maybe you can work it out.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by therock
Are you the original registered Corsa owner?
Have you not contacted the person at corsa I replied to you with?
Call Jim Browning Jr at his direct line 440.260.3141. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just went back and re-read your post. Sorry I did not notice that you had given me a number to call for assistance. Actually thought that was your signature. Never thought someone would post actual numbers in an open forum. Anywho, no I am not the original registered owner otherwise I would be really perturbed. Please do not get me wrong, I am not bashing Corsa systems. They are of high quality, fit great, unique sound. Someone once posted here the rattle as being a know problem with early manufacture mufflers. My only complaint is the lack of response to my queries for help with options to fixing what I have. I will also state that when I got the system I was short one rear hanger and contacted them and they sent me this small piece FOC. I will give Mr. Browning a call. Thanks!