Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa-Sport/Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
KDT
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa-Sport/Touring

Is there a lot of difference in sound between the Corsa Sport and the Touring system? Looking to do exhaust on a 04 Yukon Denali? This is my wifes truck and are family car.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Banned

from what i know the only diffrence is the touring has some small resignators towards the tip to quiet the sound
Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

The difference with those two Corsa models is the muffler. The sport sounds more aggressive when you put your foot into it. If you put on a CAI after, you will still be fine. If you put on long tube headers, then the sport will be too loud, but not until. Corsa may have some sound files on their site to help you hear the difference.

Let us know which way you go and how you like it.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 AM
KDT
Staging Lane

Well i ended up going with the Sport! Reason for that is i got a Brand New Corsa Sport of ebay for $390 shipped!!!!!!!!!!! What a deal! Can't wait to get it on. I also have a Volant powercore coming. Without the intake and exhaust the truck cliped a 15.1 in the 1/4! I'm hoping this will give me a few more ponies? Corsa claims 1-2 more mpg too with their system?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=KDT;4048962 Corsa claims 1-2 more mpg too with their system?[/QUOTE]

yeah i used to belive that too , my intake gives me 2mpg my tune gaves me 2 mpg, my exhaust gives me 2 , by now i should be getting 50 mpg just like a prius ??? lol
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KDT
Well i ended up going with the Sport! Reason for that is i got a Brand New Corsa Sport of ebay for $390 shipped!!!!!!!!!!! What a deal! Can't wait to get it on. I also have a Volant powercore coming. Without the intake and exhaust the truck cliped a 15.1 in the 1/4! I'm hoping this will give me a few more ponies? Corsa claims 1-2 more mpg too with their system?
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali, and am researching exhaust kits.... How did the Corsa Sport work out for you? I've been watching ebay, but can't find any Corsa kits cheaper than $750 for my non-XL Denali.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a Touring on stock manifolds and absolutely love it. I get lots of complements on the sound. So nice in the cab too. I finally got to let someone drive by me and had no idea how it was out side the truck. An engineering marvel.
XM Radio all I want at any level. Ahhh!

The difference is there is a packing inside the Touring. It's the same as used in the Factory high performance Cadillac's STS and Corvettes. It has a 300k mile life span.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
KDT
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by heftylefty58
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali, and am researching exhaust kits.... How did the Corsa Sport work out for you? I've been watching ebay, but can't find any Corsa kits cheaper than $750 for my non-XL Denali.
I love the Corsa Sport! Sometimes i wish it was alittle bit more quiet but it is pretty much you make it as loud as you want with the throttle. When you get through the gears you can't even tell you have it on! When you stab the throttle the truck sounds mean and nasty! I've had Magnaflow,Borla,Flowmaster exhaust before and hands down Corsa is the best fit/finish that i have ever seen!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had both the Corsa sport/touring on my 03' Tahoe. The sport was my first mod and it got louder with each additional mod. My last mod was the Radix and then it became much to loud for our family vehicle. I have recently installed the touring muffler and it IS much quieter in the cab now but still sounds great when I get into it. Just what I was looking for.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the feedback, fellas! Based on your feedback, the Corsa Touring is definitely the one for me (and my family).