Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa Sport versus Corsa Touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Sport versus Corsa Touring

Do the mufflers look any different? Reason being, I ordered sport system but IMO it's awfully quiet. Wouldnt be surprised if I got the wrong one seeing that they sent out the 2-1 pipe not completely welded and I got no hardware kit. They were more than accomidating in getting the clamps to me and they are going to remiburse(sp?) me for getting the 2-1 pipe welded properly.

Just wondering if there is any difference in the 2 mufflers. Maybbe a pic of both would help.Thanks
Old 08-06-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I Believe The Touring Is...

preferated with small holes between the slots and the exit but am not sure. That would make the muffler below a sport. You can call them and ask.

Old 08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The touring version of that muff has some Dow Corning material stuffed in one end to quiet it down. Thats all I saw when Corsa brought in some cut away mufflersfor us to see. The mufflers they showed us had a hell of alot more baffles than the one pictured above.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Dow Corning

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
The touring version of that muff has some Dow Corning material stuffed in one end to quiet it down. Thats all I saw when Corsa brought in some cut away mufflersfor us to see. The mufflers they showed us had a hell of alot more baffles than the one pictured above.
The pic is an old one I stumbled into when google researching the system. Corsa does not host this pic anymore and it was not on their site when I found it.
I did ask about the material and was informed it will not show signs of burn out for 300k miles. It's the same material used in the Cadillac STS Hi Po cars.
It flows the same or very close to the Sport version.
I really like my Touring system. There are only a few circumstances when you can hear anything resembling in cab resonance and then it's very light. She roars pretty good when stomped on. WOT with my windows up the Radix dominates.
Lots of flow without the headaches and peace with the neighbors.

Way back in 1972, I had a 440 6-pak 1970 Road Runner. After a few tickets in a small town, and a comment from a Cop, "Boy, I can sit in town with my windows down and know where to go and wait for you".
I got my hands on some Corvair Monza mufflers pronto (the original turbo muffler) and the car ran kind of sleeper like and felt stronger. She ran a very low 13 @ 105 when I shifted her right. I have been a fan for listening to the intake noise ever since then.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

I think mine came with 2500HD SPORT written on the box in magic marker.I also thought they might have screwed mine up,but I think it actually got a little louder after a few weeks of driving,wouldnt trade it for any other system.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

I've had mine about a year (single Sport) and it's deceiving how loud it is outside when you're inside driving it. It sounds so quiet inside, but if you have a friend drive it while you're outside the vehicle, you'll be surprised how loud it is.

BTW, when I checked Corsa out at the local Chevy dealer last year, they had the exact same cutaway that's pictured above...it is a Sport.

I agree with slowsierra, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Falstaff, go to Corsa's site and crossreference the part # on there with the one on the box just to be sure. Keep in mind that even the Sports aren't crazy loud like dual straightpipes or bullets...but they are loud for a single exhaust with a muffler practically the size of a 55 gallon drum.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks everybody for your input and help. Hopefully it will get louder with time and once the dyna-tecs are put on. Again thanks to all.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

can you buy corsa mufflers separate from the system?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default No.

Originally Posted by CrazyAggie05
can you buy corsa mufflers separate from the system?
They sell a high flowing system with little to no in cab resonance. To sell just a muffler would possibly take away from what they strive for, depending on what a person does with it. I think it is a smart move on their part.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

yeah but they charge 800 dollars for it which is a $#@! rip off, theres now way around that. i mean cmon its some bent pipe. they should make a version that isnt all bling bling stainless steel or something....actually i bet if they just sold the mufflers they would make even more money because more people would buy just mufflers, but whatever thats their problem

Quick Reply: Corsa Sport versus Corsa Touring