Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa Sport versus Corsa Touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrazyAggie05
yeah but they charge 800 dollars for it which is a $#@! rip off, theres now way around that. i mean cmon its some bent pipe. they should make a version that isnt all bling bling stainless steel or something....actually i bet if they just sold the mufflers they would make even more money because more people would buy just mufflers, but whatever thats their problem
They wont sell them seperate. Each muffler is engineered to its specific application. They put too much into R&D on vehicle specific mufflers in order to keep resonation to a minimum. They explained that to us during a meeting one day.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah well that definately makes sense from that standpoint.....so kudos to them, i wish i could afford one of their touring systems! but you would think hte muffler itself would still be pretty kick butt without their catback system...as long as what ou have is similar....but then i guess that would be the end of their money making plan so damn were outta luck i guess lol
Old 08-07-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah but they charge 800 dollars for it which is a $#@! rip off, theres now way around that. i mean cmon its some bent pipe. they should make a version that isnt all bling bling stainless steel or something....actually i bet if they just sold the mufflers they would make even more money because more people would buy just mufflers, but whatever thats their problem
Well, to each his own opinion but I feel it was money well spent. And I did not spend $800.00. More like $650.00. Definitely not a rip in my opinion.
I did not go in blind either. I drove a truck like mine with a system on it and that is all it took. And it is all according to how bad you want the high flow without the in cab noise. If Magnaflow and such could do the same cheaper they would.
If you have priced Stainless Steel latley it would you back up a bit? The same if you could see a kit first hand and look at the thickness, quality bends and the great clamps and the really nicley made tips.
Corsa has it going on right now.

Love My Corsa!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therock
Well, to each his own opinion but I feel it was money well spent. And I did not spend $800.00. More like $650.00. Definitely not a rip in my opinion.
I did not go in blind either. I drove a truck like mine with a system on it and that is all it took. And it is all according to how bad you want the high flow without the in cab noise. If Magnaflow and such could do the same cheaper they would.
If you have priced Stainless Steel latley it would you back up a bit? The same if you could see a kit first hand and look at the thickness, quality bends and the great clamps and the really nicley made tips.
Corsa has it going on right now.

Love My Corsa!
Borla has nice bends, so does Magnaflow. Ive compared thickness and its the same, pulled them all out of the boxes and looked. Magnaflow makes some dam nice double walled tips and the thing they have going for them is they dont cost $300 dollars. It all comes down to sound and desired outcome. No ifs ands or buts about it. My 2 cents? After hearing a Corsa setup on a truck at work, it was too dam quiet. Way too quiet. Sure nice tone at acceleration but that was it. They had 4 Corsa equipped trucks. The Hummer H2 of course sounded the best. Anyway, I wanted to hear my ****. Idle, cruising, all the time. Corsa wasnt gonna work for me. Thus why I went Borla.

Moral: Its all better than Flowmaster!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Red face

ah well that definately makes sense from that standpoint.....so kudos to them, i wish i could afford one of their touring systems! but you would think hte muffler itself would still be pretty kick butt without their catback system...as long as what ou have is similar....but then i guess that would be the end of their money making plan so damn were outta luck i guess lol
Old 08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Red face

Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

haha kiss my **** lol....