Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa users IN HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa users IN HERE!

Does ANYONE have a soundclip of some LT/OR-Y and Corsa Touring catback soundclips?? I can't seem to find any in the multimedia section. If not, does anyone know if it will be any quieter than the Sport catback with longtubes? I really am hoping for a non-deafening combo here..
Old 10-17-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

i've heard, corsa with no cats = freakin loud!!! people have had to put a bullet in front of it to quite it down some... maybe be time to sell the corsa and use the funds somewhere else...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ap2002
i've heard, corsa with no cats = freakin loud!!! people have had to put a bullet in front of it to quite it down some... maybe be time to sell the corsa and use the funds somewhere else...
Crap..yeah I just found this clip:

http://video.performancetrucks.net/s...9a9b30f8c0.htm

It sounds frkn LOUD!!! That blows man, I can't even hear my truck with the catback on now unless it's WOT...I was hoping it'd still be somewhat quiet.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KB

It sounds frkn LOUD!!! That blows man, I can't even hear my truck with the catback on now unless it's WOT...I was hoping it'd still be somewhat quiet.
trade/find someone with a 22'+ oval, magnaflow and not the round one.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tootall
trade/find someone with a 22'+ oval, magnaflow and not the round one.
you are better off selling the corsa, and just buying that magnaflow, the maganflow is only $90, thats the one I have on the DD..
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

It made a HUGE difference when I went to the supermaxx setup with cats. I don't know if you have them or not but I love being in boost and not even knowing it. The pacesetters were deafining when over 3k rpm.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Heres some clips of mine w/ the touring and sport and LT's on the ss site: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...opic=27322&hl=
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

in this video you can hear my leaf springs squeaking louder than the exhaust

I know the video sounds loud, but i had to put the camera under the truck to capture the sound of the cam. Its extremely close to the loudness of the stock idle but screams when you get on it!

My setup: Pacesetter LTs, ORY, no converters, 12" casing dynomax bullet, into a corsa touring muffler. Its still quiet in the cab with no resonation, even after all of this. I would suggest putting a bullet infront of the muffler though to cut down the rasp. If you dont, it will be extremely loud, even at idle.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KB

Here's another one to go with that first one you found of my truck. Actually I don't hear it inside the truck at all when cruising or idling. Just seems louder because the camera is right beside the exhaust. WOT is another story though. The video doesn't really capture that well. It'll wake people up a mile away.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Keep the Corsa and just add a bullet or one of the new spun aluminum magnaflow cats in front of the Corsa. Seems to be the easiest method to quiet it down a bit. The fact that it is the touring edition should help a little... Going to a magnaflow setup would be a step backwards IMO

Quick Reply: Corsa users IN HERE!