Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corvette or Billet Servo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Corvette or Billet Servo?

Corvette Servo VS. Billet servo. What do you guys think. with the corvette servo do you guys get a chirp between gears? This is going on after allen takes out 80% TM. And in the Overdrive servo worth it to buy, if i dont haul very often (maybe 1 or 2 times a year).

Thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

do corvette for the 1-2 servo and the billet for OD servos, also replace the accumulator piston becasue they are weak plastic.
http://www.kdsperformance.com/transhifkitw3.html
Old 07-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

I am going to the accumulator piston, but i was wondering about the billet servos? How hard of a shift are they?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

can be very harsh and jolting that's why people are oing the corvette on the 1-2 but not on the 3-4. their is alot of people who have tried different things so we shall see.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Can the accumulator piston be replaced with the tranny in the truck like the servos?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personally i recomend both billet servo's, but some say it's overkill. as for the accumulator piston. it can be done in the truck. takes about a minute or two to do once the pan is down.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

I went with both billets and I think its a little too harsh. Sometimes it can get a little annoying but you learn to live with it. I also had Allen lower the psi below 50% but it didn't seem to make that big of a difference. I wouldn't mind trying the vette servo in the 1-2 spot but I will probably just leave it alone. I try and go for the best as I don't want to have to buy better after I have invested in something.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03HoustonSierra
Corvette Servo VS. Billet servo. What do you guys think. with the corvette servo do you guys get a chirp between gears? This is going on after allen takes out 80% TM. And in the Overdrive servo worth it to buy, if i dont haul very often (maybe 1 or 2 times a year).

Thanks
I'm in the same boat on the servo delema. Billet or vette servo? I also have a question regarding tq converters. Can a Yank or any other tq con berebuilt after the tranny takes a crap on you, just hate to spend that much on the convertor knowing that its just a matter of time before it is trash. I would really like to take a ride in one of you guys trucks that have a converter installed already to help with my decision. BTW I live in Houston, work in Deer Park.

Thanks Jason.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want really nice firm 1-2 shift and be able to bark that shift at WOT then get a Transgo kit and the vette servo it will also make the other shift nice and firm as well that way if you get all the TM removed it will be a little better for your tranny than just having the servos!!!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

So is the Billet OD Servo really worth it to me then? Like i said earlier i rarely haul anything heavy.

Quick Reply: Corvette or Billet Servo?