Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corvette SS pics - LS1tech thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense taken I was just curious from your standpoint what was the worst part about it.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMAGINE FOR A SECOND YOU ARE THORETICALLY RUNNING "THUNDER550 PERFORMANCE" YOUR TEAM HAS PUT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO R&D AND DESIGNING A NEW CUTTING EDGE BEAT ALL PERFORMANCE SUPERCAR...

YOU ARE PLANNING ON UNVEILING IT AT A PRESET TIME ABOUT A YEAR AWAY....

BUT YOU NEED TO HIDE IT BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT ANYONE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UP YOUR SLEEVE....

YOU BEING A PERFORMANCE SHOP OWNER KNOW THAT THIS WILL REALLY MARK YOUR PLACE IN THE PERFORMANCE WORLD.

BUT YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT SECRET OTHERWISE OTHERS WILL SEE YOUR DESIGN AND TRY TO MAKE THERES THAT MUCH BETTER AND MORE CUTTING EDGE THAN YOURS.

NEXT THING YOU KNOW.... YOU HEAR THAT ON THE INTERNET MILLIONS HAVE SEEN YOUR NEW SUPERCAR, AND GOD KNOWS HOW MANY TUNING SHOPS ARE CLOSELY EXAMINING THEM AT THAT VERY MOMENT.

HOW BADLY WOULD YOU **** YOURSELF??
Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotcha
Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
IMAGINE FOR A SECOND YOU ARE THORETICALLY RUNNING "THUNDER550 PERFORMANCE" YOUR TEAM HAS PUT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO R&D AND DESIGNING A NEW CUTTING EDGE BEAT ALL PERFORMANCE SUPERCAR...

YOU ARE PLANNING ON UNVEILING IT AT A PRESET TIME ABOUT A YEAR AWAY....

BUT YOU NEED TO HIDE IT BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT ANYONE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UP YOUR SLEEVE....

YOU BEING A PERFORMANCE SHOP OWNER KNOW THAT THIS WILL REALLY MARK YOUR PLACE IN THE PERFORMANCE WORLD.

BUT YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT SECRET OTHERWISE OTHERS WILL SEE YOUR DESIGN AND TRY TO MAKE THERES THAT MUCH BETTER AND MORE CUTTING EDGE THAN YOURS.

NEXT THING YOU KNOW.... YOU HEAR THAT ON THE INTERNET MILLIONS HAVE SEEN YOUR NEW SUPERCAR, AND GOD KNOWS HOW MANY TUNING SHOPS ARE CLOSELY EXAMINING THEM AT THAT VERY MOMENT.

HOW BADLY WOULD YOU **** YOURSELF??
While I don't completely disagree with you, I don't agree with you either.

The public has known what "GM has up their sleeve" with the Corvette ZO7,SS,Blue Devil since 2005. The pictures are nice but it's not like we didn't see it coming.

You also made a comment about "GM marking it's place in the performance world." Sure it's gonna probably be the fastest production car ever, but we ALREADY knew that. People were expecting a supercharged 7.0L, or a supercharged 6.2L. We KNEW it was gonna be fast, we KNEW it was eventually gonna come out, and it's not like the car looks completely different, it's still a vette body.

I realize GM has put a ton of work into it, but if they really wanted it THAT secret, they wouldn't have been publicly talking about the idea since 2005.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like You Said... You Dont Agree Or Disagree.... Im Just Trying To Make You Understand.... No Actual Definitive Remarks Were Made As To What It Would Have....

Like I Said No Offense Intended
Old 02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally, if I was the owner of thunder550 performance, wouldnt let EMO, HOMO, or FLAMER shipping company ship something so secretive.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

We Ship Things By Personal Carrier, Because It Is Less Likely For Someone To Know It Is There... Than If We Were To Ship It Ourselves In A Big Gm Truck We'll Have Magazine Photographers Following It Everywhere To See Whats In It.... Its Actually Much More Discreet To Consign A Private Shipping Company
Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

chevracer83 you come off as you work for Gm r&d or something do you? just curious i work here at nasa.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I Do Work For R&d Design And Manufacturing Team For Gm... Gm Performance, And Gm Concept Team.

Really? What Do You Do?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
Its A True Shame That All The Work We Have Done..... Can Be Wasted By One Moron... Not That I Dont Want You Guys To See It But Its A Complete Waste Of Everything We Work For

As if you or anybody else at GM really expected to keep blue devil under the cover until it's unveiling? give me a break

Quick Reply: Corvette SS pics - LS1tech thread