Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

custom 3" exaust pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 10:03 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
a bunch of crush bends you got there
what are you talking about? i never said it was mandrel bends!
Originally Posted by white1
Wish I didnt have a transfer case in the way, I like that Y set up.
it's setup nice this way. very easy to service the transmission compared to the ory...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good Lance, I like how you're still maintaining a semi-stock looking setup. any word on when it might go back on the dyno? good luck with new 1/4 times man!!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
what are you talking about? i never said it was mandrel bends!
it's setup nice this way. very easy to service the transmission compared to the ory...
not trying to start crap but just saying what you have. you would pick up some more gains from a none crush bend pipe
Old 03-19-2006, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

not trying to start crap but just saying what you have. you would pick up some more gains from a none crush bend pipe
Get that beast on the dyno and see how much you gained. I don't think the bends will hurt anymore then what the y-pipe was already cutting out.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will go good, the difference is very small between that and a true mandrel kit.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

hardly noticeable gains.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:47 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
looks good Lance, I like how you're still maintaining a semi-stock looking setup. any word on when it might go back on the dyno? good luck with new 1/4 times man!!
thanks jordan. thats the idea i was thinking. don't know too much about the dyno. it's kind of a waist for me after kyle did some logs with HPT. you can read out the torque output at the trans with it. after doing some calculations it's pretty damn close to the dyno. did it on his truck and his dad z06 and their's were close too.
Originally Posted by GMChammer
Get that beast on the dyno and see how much you gained. I don't think the bends will hurt anymore then what the y-pipe was already cutting out.
i'm with you on that. i can only gain from it. just look at what was on before, lol...

not saying that the ory is bad. i just didn't think it was sufficent enough for my mods. definiatly someone like 1truess or a basic bolt-on truck could binefit from it b/c of the lesser mods they have than me.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not everyone has access to a mandrel bender, or the ability/funds to buy and weld mandrel bent sections together.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

bluecajun5.3, mandrel bent pipes aside, looks to be a very clean and well thoughtout system, good on ya

I especially like the the look of the exhaust tip.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
thanks jordan. thats the idea i was thinking. don't know too much about the dyno. it's kind of a waist for me after kyle did some logs with HPT. you can read out the torque output at the trans with it. after doing some calculations it's pretty damn close to the dyno. did it on his truck and his dad z06 and their's were close too.

i'm with you on that. i can only gain from it. just look at what was on before, lol...

not saying that the ory is bad. i just didn't think it was sufficent enough for my mods. definiatly someone like 1truess or a basic bolt-on truck could binefit from it b/c of the lesser mods they have than me.
Wow man that looks like a hunk of ****......Def like the new system. Can't wait to hear the soundclips....

Quick Reply: custom 3" exaust pics