Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

custom true dual cat back

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom true dual cat back

got a muffler shop in my area say he do stainless rear true dual exhust on my 02 silverado. he wants 720 to do it is that a fair price. he going to move the 02 sen on the rear where 2 go to one and do turue dual flowmaster 40s. mufflers not stainless but the rest with tips. does that seem to be a fair price for that or to muck. thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Id go with a si/so or si/do application. For the money you pay between going this route compared to true duals you dont get much more hp for the price. Youll pay over double the price to go true dual and maybe get 5 more hp tops. Just not worth it to me.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds a tad pricey, of course mass produced should be cheaper...
BTW, my flowmaster 40's have to be changed every 2 years and rust weld themselves in place and rot... tired of it myself!

This is my thread, maybe another alternative for you... just hoping to get some feedback!
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...13#post4667613
Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt pay that much for true duals. Since you wont gain much if anything power wise
Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a magnaflow on there from previous owner its just as quite as stock. you guys think swapin to a flomaster 40 44 single but with dual tips sound the same as true duals. the only othe thing wit the true dual is i wont have the 2 bolt flange anymore if i have to drop anything im in trouble.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Right now I have NO muffler on the truck because my 2nd flowmaster 40 rotted off after 2 years again. I havent had my tailpipe on and to be honest the flowmaster hardly muffled the exhaust at all when it was on. Do yourself a quick favor and remove your tailpipe, I bet you will be amazed how much louder the exhaust note is with your Magnaflow. You will probably get a little drone in the cab at highway speeds which you may or may not like. You can just put a turndown to keep heat away from anything under the bed. I have nothing except a catted Y pipe and the exhaust isn't exceptionally loud on these trucks but I have to pass inspection now so...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

I would stick with a SI/SO Magnaflow. If you want louder look at the magnaflow Race series mufflers. I'm running a 3" in/out 5x8 body thats only 6" long. About the size of a 1 chamber flowmaster, but sounds better and flows better. Its almost as loud as my SLP Loudmouth 1 was.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L33Z71
I would stick with a SI/SO Magnaflow. If you want louder look at the magnaflow Race series mufflers. I'm running a 3" in/out 5x8 body thats only 6" long. About the size of a 1 chamber flowmaster, but sounds better and flows better. Its almost as loud as my SLP Loudmouth 1 was.

You live in Alvin? It's a small town. Thats where i work! I live up the street in league city. I'm looking to go a different route with my exhaust. At least out the back. It gets so loud and drones on the freeway.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, live kinda in the outskirts of Alvin, towards Angleton.

Wouldn't think the Aero Chamber would drone that bad. I would just add the tailpipe back on and get an SLP exhaust tip (like a corsa clone) and run it out the stock location.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah from what I understand it's one of the loudest mufflers out there. Brads muffler told me he would duel it out the back with tips for 190 so I might do that

Quick Reply: custom true dual cat back