Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Custom Tunes for 2007 GMC 2500HD

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish more of the custom tuners would use a "hand held programmer" to load there custom tunes on. SCT and diablo I know offer this. This would allow them to do away with the core ECM's, and you could flash back to stock at any time. The tunes could even be sent through email. I would like a custom dyno tune, but if I take the truck to the dealer, they will reflash a stock program in; erasing my custom tuning. Hptuners is probably the best bet, but I still need a professional tuner to get the most power.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SS Crew
Yes I am, otherwise it would say 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic.

I was actually refering to the other guy who said cores are all over the place, I know you've got an 07
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Leroy_454
I wish more of the custom tuners would use a "hand held programmer" to load there custom tunes on. SCT and diablo I know offer this. This would allow them to do away with the core ECM's, and you could flash back to stock at any time. The tunes could even be sent through email. I would like a custom dyno tune, but if I take the truck to the dealer, they will reflash a stock program in; erasing my custom tuning. Hptuners is probably the best bet, but I still need a professional tuner to get the most power.

That's exactly what I need! No down time except the 10 minutes to load the tune.

Are there any custom tuners that do use a hand held?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by L33Z71
I was actually refering to the other guy who said cores are all over the place, I know you've got an 07

My bad.
Cheers!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leroy_454
I believe EFILive will be coming out with a feature like this for tuners very soon. You will basically buy a tune from your tuner(If they use EFILive) and it will come on a "hand held" device. Once you have it I believe you can get updates via email or maybe you have to just send the unit back for updates.

Maybe one of the EFILive guys can chime in because I couldn't find the info on the website.

SS Crew - How do you like the 6L90E?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
SS Crew - How do you like the 6L90E?
The electronics are killing this thing. If you nail the gas it just craws until you get to about 3000 rpm then it goes like a raped ape. The same thing when it downshifts, it seems to take forever before it does anything and when it eventually shifts, if it's under 3000 rpm it creeps, but after that it hauls. This thing needs a custom tune bad.

I've got barely 1000 miles on it, but the shifting seems to be getting better, I guess it's the computer "learning" my driving habits.

One thing that I don't really like is the tow/haul mode. When you have it on it actually seems to shift better. I like to leave it on when I drive on the freeway. But when you slow down it down shifts like when when you do it manually. The first time it did that on a freeway off ramp, it scared the crap out of me, I thought somebody rearended me. All in all, it's different, it'll just take some getting used to until it "learns" the way I drive.

Last edited by SS Crew; 06-28-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Trust me, tuning will help this truck more than you can even imagine. The factory tunes are crap. I couldn't believe the difference in mine with just an 87 octane tune, can't wait for some of the HPtuners updates that we are waiting on, I'm going to have him upgrade it to a 93 octane tune, and remove some more of the TQM.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Launching!

TTT

I just bought an '07 2500HD CC 4x4 and it drives EXACTLY as you are describing. I'll be doing some tuning on it soon with EFILive!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Launching!

I took the truck on a 500 mile trip to the Colorado River this weekend, it's a good thing this has a 6 speed trans since I only pulled 12.5 mpg on average. Maybe if I wasn't doing 80 + mph I'd get better mileage.

The trans is still taking some getting used to - If you need to pass someone, you need to plan it out - hit the gas, wait, let the downshift happen, then pull out and pass. On grades any little tip of the gas and it downshifts. The speed governor is set to 97 mph - it's as crime, this thing is still pulling strong when the governor kicks in. I gotta get a tune for this thing. The dealer won't make any changes that are not stock, he won't even adjust for the different size wheels and tires - it's only 3/10 of an inch so it shouldn't make too much of a difference with the speedo.

Does anybody know of someone in the SoCal area that does custom computer tunes for these new trucks? I need it bad......
Old 07-05-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

They've got 100k warranties on these vehicles now they're going to make them as poochie as possible to make sure they don't have to pay out the *** to fix them.

Quick Reply: Custom Tunes for 2007 GMC 2500HD