Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Custom Tunes for 2007 GMC 2500HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yurs78
They've got 100k warranties on these vehicles now they're going to make them as poochie as possible to make sure they don't have to pay out the *** to fix them.
Poochie? What the hell is poochie?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SS Crew
I took the truck on a 500 mile trip to the Colorado River this weekend, it's a good thing this has a 6 speed trans since I only pulled 12.5 mpg on average. Maybe if I wasn't doing 80 + mph I'd get better mileage.

The trans is still taking some getting used to - If you need to pass someone, you need to plan it out - hit the gas, wait, let the downshift happen, then pull out and pass. On grades any little tip of the gas and it downshifts. The speed governor is set to 97 mph - it's as crime, this thing is still pulling strong when the governor kicks in. I gotta get a tune for this thing. The dealer won't make any changes that are not stock, he won't even adjust for the different size wheels and tires - it's only 3/10 of an inch so it shouldn't make too much of a difference with the speedo.

Does anybody know of someone in the SoCal area that does custom computer tunes for these new trucks? I need it bad......

Yeah, that delay when you hit the gas was/is terrible. My tuner was able to remove that from mine, and now it goes. If we can just figure out how to get the throttle body actuator speed to increase from a dead stop.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I consider a vehicle a "pooch" (poo-ch') when it accelerates so slow that you feel like you're gonna fall asleep. After I go my CC tuned I was pissed that I had to pay almost $400 to make the truck run like it should have from the factory. They'd sell the **** out of trucks if they had all of the safety crap reduced or removed completely.
I drove an 07 2500HD CCSB. There is no reason with that much power, a 6 speed tranny and 4.10 gears shouldn't be able to scratch those tires from a stop. I think that there's even a 4 second delay before the engine will give full power when you stand on the gas. The truck will be a beast when all of the band aids are removed from the PCM tune.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 AM
TECH Regular

yes you need a tune. Here is the catch. The tranny control module is inside the transmission. It holds the bulk of the tq mgt tables. So you can't just remove the pcm and send it in.

Allen Nelson tuned mine as I am a hour or so away from SA TX.

HP tuners just recently released a new version that includes our trucks. I had to wait a couple months before getting a tune.

Your options are to find a tuner in your area that uses HP tuners, or, contact Allen Nelson. He is a HP Tuners dealer and I am sure he can get you a deal on the software and then be able to send you a tune you can load into the truck.

It runs a lot better with a tune and tq mgt gone........
Old 07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by L82gofast
yes you need a tune. Here is the catch. The tranny control module is inside the transmission. It holds the bulk of the tq mgt tables. So you can't just remove the pcm and send it in.

Allen Nelson tuned mine as I am a hour or so away from SA TX.

HP tuners just recently released a new version that includes our trucks. I had to wait a couple months before getting a tune.

Your options are to find a tuner in your area that uses HP tuners, or, contact Allen Nelson. He is a HP Tuners dealer and I am sure he can get you a deal on the software and then be able to send you a tune you can load into the truck.

It runs a lot better with a tune and tq mgt gone........
If you can't reprogram the trans with the ECM, how do you do it. Hook up directly to the control module in the trans?

Maybe Allen will use some sort of hand held that has his program in it that I could just download into my truck and then send him the hand held back. That would be kind of like an ECM exchange. I really don't want the programming software, my truck is the only one I'll be doing, and only once. I just want to get the delays from stepping on it to making it happen removed.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The transmission module can be programmed directly through the OBDII port if you have HP Tuners. EFILive will be releasing the T43 transmission tuning software soon from what I understand.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
The transmission module can be programmed directly through the OBDII port if you have HP Tuners. EFILive will be releasing the T43 transmission tuning software soon from what I understand.
...so if Allen uses HPT then the engine tune and trans tune can be done in one download, right?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The truck would have to be at his place in order to tune the transmission controller through the OBDII port. Just sending in the PCM to him wouldn't do it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a hand held downloader device to send to people. I could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure.

I will direct him to this thread.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Yeah, that delay when you hit the gas was/is terrible. My tuner was able to remove that from mine, and now it goes. If we can just figure out how to get the throttle body actuator speed to increase from a dead stop.
could the delay be adjusted somehow with the sensor inside on the pedal??? maybe the TB acuator is capable to open faster but the sensor on the pedal needs to be changed/upgraded/recalibrated to make it open faster. just a thought
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
The truck would have to be at his place in order to tune the transmission controller through the OBDII port. Just sending in the PCM to him wouldn't do it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a hand held downloader device to send to people. I could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure.

I will direct him to this thread.

XLR8NSS is correct as always. You need to have the truck at his shop or buy the HPT software. Allen did mention to me the last time I was there that HPT is working on a hand held that will dump tunes on the vehicle. Not sure when this will be available though....

Quick Reply: Custom Tunes for 2007 GMC 2500HD