Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

DBW90mm/Carb Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:30 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
It's on it's way Erik You should see it by friday.

Richard

Thanks bud!! I can't wait
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by moregrip
I think it's cool your willing to help us out like you do Richard! Thanks

No kidding! This adaptor idea would have died on the vine without you guys at WCCH. You guys spent so much time working with me and looking at goofy pictures of silicon adaptors and turbo bells from random websites hehe

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this -- it's not that often you find a company willing to go that extra hundred miles to get a crazy idea worked out -- especially on something that may end up being a one-off part.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Richard,

I was hoping you might share some insight on the quoted stuff below? I don't really understand it all.
CH, I built this originally to adapt a turbo setup to the Edelbrock intake. This layout reduces the plenum volume after the throttle blade and may prove to be a bit more responsive. Routing air ducting to the ttb is an unknown as of now especially for na setups. It may very well prove to make less response than mounting the ttb closer to the front of the engine as with sheet metal elbows, but on paper it doesn't seem likely.
I decided to post this to try to generate thoughts on alternative ideas to the restrictive truck intakes. It seems that the car manifolds require a significant amount of fabrication to fit onto the trucks. If this setup can be done more simply and economically then it gives the trucks another possible alternative.
I don't have any data from Edelbrock on the plenum size of their intakes. I'll dig around to see if that info can be found and report back. For sure the intake runner lengths are much shorter than the car and truck manifolds.

Richard
Old 08-23-2006, 12:54 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

CH, I built this originally to adapt a turbo setup to the Edelbrock intake. This layout reduces the plenum volume after the throttle blade and may prove to be a bit more responsive. Routing air ducting to the ttb is an unknown as of now especially for na setups. It may very well prove to make less response than mounting the ttb closer to the front of the engine as with sheet metal elbows, but on paper it doesn't seem likely.
I decided to post this to try to generate thoughts on alternative ideas to the restrictive truck intakes. It seems that the car manifolds require a significant amount of fabrication to fit onto the trucks. If this setup can be done more simply and economically then it gives the trucks another possible alternative.
I don't have any data from Edelbrock on the plenum size of their intakes. I'll dig around to see if that info can be found and report back. For sure the intake runner lengths are much shorter than the car and truck manifolds.

Richard
Doesn't Edelbrock make a performer rpm for the LS engine?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by moregrip
Doesn't Edelbrock make a performer rpm for the LS engine?
Yes, I was searching last night to find a rpm efi manifold with no luck. I may have not been looking in the right places though. I really like the idea of a performer rpm on the smaller engines and milder setups than the victor jr. I think the victor is gonna be awesome on bigger cube engines, but I am hoping to find just the rpm manifold by itself without the timing controller.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The hard part for us N/A guys is still getting cold air to the TB
Old 08-23-2006, 09:19 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Yes, I was searching last night to find a rpm efi manifold with no luck. I may have not been looking in the right places though. I really like the idea of a performer rpm on the smaller engines and milder setups than the victor jr. I think the victor is gonna be awesome on bigger cube engines, but I am hoping to find just the rpm manifold by itself without the timing controller.
I think you can get one, but you would have to matcine the injectors sleeves.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Do it man. I can hook you up with a step by step up to the TB You should definitely do the ram air thing. The hood I bought would work great... you could just do a big sheet metal pan attached to a hood with a K&N in the snout of the scoop and some sealer around the TB... Man I wish I was closer to you. I'd make you the box lol.
I think I will man, Richard seems to beleive it should be cool too! I'll definitely be getting with you on this

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
The hard part for us N/A guys is still getting cold air to the TB
That's why I want to do custom ram air set-up of some sort.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard
So really, I'm thinking that flange you make might open this up as a possibility for the smaller displacement NA guys, right? If so... awesome!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:21 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only other issue is with cable throttle bodys.....

Quick Reply: DBW90mm/Carb Adapter