Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dealer service guys stumped-HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a table in edit where you can change the values a bit to fix the tps problem. It will set the SES code (normally at low rpms -like idle almost) if the vacuum numbers don't coincide with the computer's set numbers. I think that is what you are getting. There is nothing wrong. It is just not seeing the numbers it wants. When you turn the engine off for a while (an hour) and turn it back on is the SES code still there or will it pop up again after driving away a bit?
Do you have ls1edit or HPtuners?
Old 07-23-2004, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No hp or edit, but a nelson tune is in the mail.

Truck is headed to ads in chandler tomorrow to get the asm injectors, bypass the whipple tune, and hopefully solve these issues.

Typically ses light will go off if truck turned off awhile, however at one point in went into the "low power" mode and would'nt run over 1500 rpm's.

As stated earlier-when worked on the problem goes away for a week or two, and then starts getting more prevelant over time, especially when down in the phx area. When at home at 7000ft and cooler weather, it very seldom had these problems.

Ryan23-could probably use your input at ads to bypass the whipple stuff! Thx!
Old 07-23-2004, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs1
No hp or edit, but a nelson tune is in the mail.

Truck is headed to ads in chandler tomorrow to get the asm injectors, bypass the whipple tune, and hopefully solve these issues.

Typically ses light will go off if truck turned off awhile, however at one point in went into the "low power" mode and would'nt run over 1500 rpm's.

As stated earlier-when worked on the problem goes away for a week or two, and then starts getting more prevelant over time, especially when down in the phx area. When at home at 7000ft and cooler weather, it very seldom had these problems.

Ryan23-could probably use your input at ads to bypass the whipple stuff! Thx!
search for "nelson tune for whipple" in this forum, it has all the info you need for the bypass. i suspect all your symptoms will go away after you do this. all mine did, after pulling my hair out and chasing ghosts i finally realized that the whipple electronics just don't work, period. they do not interface correctly with your pcm, after your nelson tune you'll feel like it's a new truck with alot more usable power. e
Old 07-24-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Here you go. Hey man what time are you going out there? Do you have an address?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i believe that the nelson tune will fix all problems that you are having at this time.i have seen him tune out all them ses codes. man i bet you cant wiat to get that tune now. hey didnt parish have some issues with his fly by wire???
Old 07-24-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Oops don't forget your fueling will be off when you disconnect the whipple computer! So don't go flooring it right off the bat without having a program going to monitor fueling