Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

DFW folks, reputable exhaust shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW folks, reputable exhaust shop

what is common truck exhaust? i havent messed with looking into exhausts for years.

i always stuck with flowmaster.

but anyone know someone that can do it for a good price, with good quality of work?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

There are quite a few in the area. I have used a couple, but my newest project will be done by Jon's Brake & Muffler here in Rowlett. He's a great guy and always willing to work with you to get what you need.

In addition to the above, he does great welding work for extremely reasonable rates.

Where abouts in Big D so others can help out with possible locations closer to you. Most importantly, what sound or type of setup are you looking to do & on which vehicle?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bai78
There are quite a few in the area. I have used a couple, but my newest project will be done by Jon's Brake & Muffler here in Rowlett. He's a great guy and always willing to work with you to get what you need.

In addition to the above, he does great welding work for extremely reasonable rates.

Where abouts in Big D so others can help out with possible locations closer to you. Most importantly, what sound or type of setup are you looking to do & on which vehicle?
well i live in Midlothian, but i work in Dallas and will travel for a deal so i figured my location wasnt too too important

im really not looking to get anything that shoots fireworks just a nice dual chrome tip set up for the silverado.

i used to go to a shop in Garland but i cant remember then name for the life of me.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

By chance do you remember where abouts in Garland? The closest place I could think of would be I30 & Broadway across the street from Discount Tire. They do exhaust as well as general repairs. It's the kind of "good old boy" shop where they have carbon copy work orders & still talk to you. Prices are based on the work performed & what's fair to you instead of the typical $80-$100 per hour labor charge.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bai78
By chance do you remember where abouts in Garland? The closest place I could think of would be I30 & Broadway across the street from Discount Tire. They do exhaust as well as general repairs. It's the kind of "good old boy" shop where they have carbon copy work orders & still talk to you. Prices are based on the work performed & what's fair to you instead of the typical $80-$100 per hour labor charge.

triple A mufflers possibly?

its where i took my 99 dodge ram and my 97 T/A and it was refered by an old hot rod buddy so it sounds like the type of place from what you described.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
8 Second Club

I use Jerry's Muffler in Lewisville. He build me a custom true dual set up and I am very happy with his work and prices.