Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Diablo program?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo program?????

is it good or bad i have a 01 gmc reg cab stepside 5.3. I put the diablo programmer on my truck and it doesnt feel like it did a whole lot i know its not gonna make it super fast but damn. a buddy of mine has the same truck put a super chips on his and he spanks my *** he beets my buddys 4.6 stang and i cant. is superchips better or what?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Launching!

i don't think anyone here would have suggested the diablo.......probably not the superchips either. but super chips is working good on my friends 5.3. i have a m/o tune and it works very good.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sell the diablo,take advantage of the $200 jason tune and make sure you have a 5.3,check the codes,Applys only if you bought the truck used.Guys have been known to change the sticker under the hoods of used trucks for better resale.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:29 PM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

i would take the 200$ mail order tune deal that is being offered or did you not read the link about the futural and nelson tune a couple of links down it is pretty much the same question i would suggest looking there or i would go through and have someone with maybe a little more knowledge than yourself look at not saying you dont know but hey i would ask my tech (STUPIDFAST) what was going on if i had a question
Old 11-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Why don't you try and set the shift points before you get all upset about it. Max out the shift pressure, also max out the quickness of the shifts. It will help you out.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bullet3z
Why don't you try and set the shift points before you get all upset about it. Max out the shift pressure, also max out the quickness of the shifts. It will help you out.

I allready didi i was just wanting more than it had but i will probally just keep it.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

H8N i have the diablo for my '04 5.3 and have no complaints. i roasted another 5.3 (GMC) and did a brake light check on him, so i'm happy so far.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:53 AM
13 Second Truck Club

i have the Diablo and i dont have a problem with the tuner at all. i think i works very well for a handheld programmer.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by sfj
i would take the 200$ mail order tune deal that is being offered or did you not read the link about the futural and nelson tune a couple of links down it is pretty much the same question i would suggest looking there or i would go through and have someone with maybe a little more knowledge than yourself look at not saying you dont know but hey i would ask my tech (STUPIDFAST) what was going on if i had a question

Damn, take a breath and calm down bro.....
Old 11-15-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by H8Nimports
is it good or bad i have a 01 gmc reg cab stepside 5.3. I put the diablo programmer on my truck and it doesnt feel like it did a whole lot i know its not gonna make it super fast but damn. a buddy of mine has the same truck put a super chips on his and he spanks my *** he beets my buddys 4.6 stang and i cant. is superchips better or what?
I've had my predator for about a year now and while its not the greatest tuner in the world I got a hell of a deal on a used unit from James awhile back. Up the shift points, pressures, and quickness, as well as mph, top speed, and shift rpm and rev limit. I do not even use the tune in the Predator and I think its quicker by seat of the pants and how fast I get to when getting on the on ramp to a certain point. Stock was about 88mph and then 95mph to the same point from a stop. I know its not a real accurate way to measure but its free and fun too!!!

Quick Reply: Diablo program?????