Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Diagnosis on the F8L 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old turbo goes back to STS. I didn't pay for the upgrade till I figure out which turbo works best on our trucks.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Teching In

so it wasnt rick's tune it was the dirt? good to hear well sorta....you know what i mean....
Old 07-28-2004, 07:47 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SLOWone4.8
so it wasnt rick's tune it was the dirt? good to hear well sorta....you know what i mean....
Nah, I don't think it was Rick's tune at all. The truck ran perfectly fine all the times he tested it, on the dyno, and when I rode around with him the night I picked it up. I feel the first major problem was the malfunction of the check vavle that bleeds crankcase pressure which cause the oil filler cap to pop off and/or the fact that the tune was with methanol and I had poured water into the tank on the way home because I ran out of methanol. I honestly feel it was the pressure that cause the problem based on the extra load I put on the truck by launching it on 4wd from a dead stop which is something Rick had never done nor would he have known how to do. So i don't blame any of this on him. He has been great in getting the truck back down there and fixed up.

As with anything of this nature it is hard to tell exactly what happened since there were 3 seperate things that led to the breakage (oil pressure drop, fire, gravel). All I know is it's going back together and is not costing me anything other than being without my baby for 2+months so who cares.

Earth Wind and Fire, my truck is straight jammin! Hahaha
Old 07-28-2004, 07:53 PM
Teching In

wow thats cool that he's fixing it for free...its to be expected but we all know its not always done...my friend has a stroker in a z28 that burns 4 quarts of oil from the southbay to sac ....something aint right...but the shop that built it for him the first time has since gone out of business and its never been right since...rick tried to put osme new rings in it for him but i guess it didn't work..4 quarts to sac and back isnt exactly ideal oil consumption...i feel bad for him the shop that built it for him screwed him over im sure you've heard of it HOTROD HEAVEN i htink it was....

i dont htink tuning with the meth was the best idea and i know rick is a firm believer of the "STREET TUNE" as i am too but lately ive been hearing a lot of horror stories of "STREET TUNED" cars...