Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Did The Base Dyno Run Before The Radix Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Thanks Folks

Originally Posted by SallyDaGMC
Congrats on those numbers. I'm impressed. I hope I can get somewhere around there.
Really? I had no idea what to expect or if what I had was up going to raise any eyebrows.
I'm proud of the L33 then. But very let down by GM's suppressed tuning. That will soon be rendered.
I also have to wonder what the Corsa did for the numbers. It is a straight through muffler. I really do enjoy it. I have never heard it outside the truck until the dyno run. It is really a great sound. My friends at work listen to it when I leave and I have let them hear me wind out first gear a few times when I first got it. Over the next few days they tell me how good it sounds, commenting on how it is a hyper\throaty sound. Standing there listening to it at WOT made me smile. Money well spent. "This Time".
I am very new to the dyno thing so I did not know to ask about the details on what gear it was in or if the TC was locked or not. I do know the first attempt to get it to rev up there it hit the limiter. He shut down, restarted and who knows what else but got her to sing pretty good. I will get these details when she goes back for the Radix run.

I got to listen to a Ford Harley-Davison truck do two runs. I had no idea they were OE with an Eaton type supercharger. He was stock but for a pulley change, CAI and a Predator tune. He was expecting 400hp to the floor but only got 365 but with 500 Tq!
Man, I was standing right next to the open air filter and WOW was that baby screaming! I had no idea what to expect. I plugged my ears and almost walked away but he finished the run. I think the big 22" or so rims soaked up lots of his HP.

Later, Thanks Again
Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the way that Corsa looks on there. How does it sound in the cab?

Pretty nice numbers, thanks for posting them.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default The Corsa...

...sounds killer. I got to listen to it from the outside of the truck for the first time at the Dyno run. Awsome. Very easy on the nerves on the inside.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice #s!