Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Did GM make the Silverado SS Regular Cab Shortbox?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Boechler
This is exactly what I was looking for... at one point I saw GM advertising this truck on there website. Isn't that false advertisement? This truck should be made.. They made the 454 SS why not this?
because its GM and they'd rather be conservative than come out with something cool and take chances. Meanwhile ford and Dodge are kicking their asses in manufacturing performance vehicles.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stoopidfly4.8
because its GM and they'd rather be conservative than come out with something cool and take chances. Meanwhile ford and Dodge are kicking their asses in manufacturing performance vehicles.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw a truck this wekend while I was driving home. it was a 04 chevy regular cab and was identical looking to the ext. ss. Front bumper, had a cowl hood, rear bumper, wheels and tires and so on. He even had the ss badging which I think is gay since it's not but the truck looked good. I really wish they would make a real one with awd and a lq4 tht is supercharged from the factory we need to give the Lightning a run for the money in stock truck racing.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Veteran

you cant call the SSR conservative.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
you cant call the SSR conservative.

Maybe not, but the Extened Cab, 6.0 L, AWD SS certinly is.

We already had the C3, and since thats pretty much what the SS is Chevy took no risk in putting it out. Now we are forced to look to guys like Joe Gibbs to pick up where Chevy left off.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

I wouldn't be so quick to say Chevy will not build the reg cab SS.

1)This is the last year, for a while, that the Lightning will be built.
2) The SRT-10 is too expensive!

Chevy will have no competion in the sport truck area. They'll be able to corner the market. Furthermore, they did build the SSR which only taylors to a very small percentage of people. That went against Chevy's philosophy of buiding a vehicle for "everyone". The demand for the reg cab SS is high!! It will also be inexpensive to build the reg cab. As with the Lighning, the vast majority of the parts needed are already in existance. There won't be much redesigning involved.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DemonSilverado
Maybe not, but the Extened Cab, 6.0 L, AWD SS certinly is.

We already had the C3, and since thats pretty much what the SS is Chevy took no risk in putting it out. Now we are forced to look to guys like Joe Gibbs to pick up where Chevy left off.
not much risk, but then again they are growing roots at dealers.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Isn't the new model lightning coming out as a 2005 model to compete with the SRT-10 and from what I've read the Silvy SS would hang with an SSR, maybe for a $43,000 sticker it should've come with an LS6
Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the current silverado ss will beat an ssr. on the other hand, the 05' ssr will hand a silverado ss it's *** and have time to stop and wait for it.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

i was surprised to see in motor trend. a company put one of there LS6 packages on an SSR w/ apparently around 500hp and it only ran a 14.3, and a 15.3 stock. with 500 horses, you'd think low 13's all day long would be possible. but idk

Quick Reply: Did GM make the Silverado SS Regular Cab Shortbox?