Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Direct port all done and tested

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Direct port all done and tested

parish, mine shifts into 4th at 80mph everytime at WOT. EVERYTIME...when i had it programmed it was different but with stock computer 80mph is 4th gear shift at WOT.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt - Are you sure it's going into 4th? What is your tire height and rear gear? I think you've got 3rd and 4th confused.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Banned

it hits 3rd at like 55...i drove up and down my road a while back with my friend Justin trying to figure this out and it made 3 shifts, the third of them being at 80mph. the first was like at 25 or 35 i can't remember which.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Matt how many fingers to you see...j/k
Old 08-05-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey 408 it was nice to see your truck in real life afew weekends back.

You need to race my buddy 'Turbo Joe'. He was with me when we met. He has a blue dodge stealth that he thinks is the fastest thing on four wheels, it would be nice to see him knocked down by a truck.

I met him racing. I raced him in my drag car back when it was more streetable, you know glass instead of Leaxan and other such stuff. I had street tires on little 255's and I burned off all of first all of second and into third and once I hooked with just third I blew past him. He has never recovered. He has dumped over $10,000.oo more into his car because of my ability to talk $h@t.

I would love to see you spank him. With his turbo setup now and link engine management he is hoping for 22psi. That should put him at about 550HP. Let me know if you want me to set up a race with him, or if you want to know more about his car.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

{Here is Matt walking door to door} "Hi!!! Muuu--muuu-my name is MMMMatt. I use tuh-tuh-tuh-to be on crack but now I am trying to make a life for myself by selling these ma-ma-ma -aaahhga-zines.'
Old 08-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Launching!

I dont mind. Is he around low twelves or upper elevens. Other wise i dont really want to spend another 40 bucks on a bottle. I am shooting for nathen in the elcamino. So far i havent seen anyone faster out there. Plus he talks a lot of smack on others. It would be nice to shut him up for a while. I think my buddy with the ws6 is going to ask him to race this weekend. Just to see where it is at. I believe it runs upper elevens, but we will see.

I dont think i am going to ask him to race until my setup is completely dialed in with the 300 shot and the gears. Then once all the tuning is done in the computer i will probably come out on my slicks and ask him to race.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Nathan is about the same as my buddy 'Turbo Joe' Dont let Nathan lie to you he is running a 250 shot on the motor. He will lie and say its not that big or even hooked up but it is SLOW off the N2O. He is also open diff, but launches hard for haveing only one power tire. To hide the sound of the N2O hitting he shoots out of the hole, so when he is running he is spraying; always. I know a little about that car if you want to know more.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Ya, me and my buddies were curious how fast his car was all motor. We didnt think it was to fast just cause he runs that 250 shot. Has he ever raced anyone all motor.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

The motor was built to run on n2o. The timing is so far retarded that off the gas it runs poor and sputers. its a built vortec 350, ported heads, healthy cam, and a strong botom end. Never seen the bottle but it never seems to run out. I think he has a 20lbs or maybe two 10's.

It wont spin the tire off the gas but on the gas it burns for about 100ft. That car HOOKS for being open diff!

Quick Reply: Direct port all done and tested