Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Does muffler really matter THAT much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed the headers myself so if thats always a good discount :o hehe

anyways here are two videos of the truck sounds like crap though its very windy here today

This is startup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACB9H1HrKw

And this is a pull to 80 i eased into the gas didnt floor it from the beginning windows up (windows down sounded like s**t!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdnuRCGBzQ
Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04Burban
I've always done this myself, but I'm sure the hard part is usually finding a welder...benefits of the military for having a shop on base that has all that. If I were to ballpark though, I would pay no more than $100 tops Some may even high-ball at less.
Yea im also military but no shop here to do it, plus my trucks not even here lol having my dad go through some connections for it, but around my home they charge an arm and a leg just for header install. Good luck finding anything less than 300 lol

Originally Posted by JFM03SILVERADO
Installed the headers myself so if thats always a good discount :o hehe

anyways here are two videos of the truck sounds like crap though its very windy here today
Dude that still sounds awesome.. the idle vid definately gets the volume to somewhat show on video, I know videos never get how deep it really is or how loud. But thanks man it gives me confidence lol sounds roudy starting it up. I noticedyou have blacked out tail lights also, did you use the VHT tint?

Got the headers in the mail today
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Buford17
Yea im also military but no shop here to do it, plus my trucks not even here lol having my dad go through some connections for it, but around my home they charge an arm and a leg just for header install. Good luck finding anything less than 300 lol
I could have sworn I saw a hobby shop at that AFB out there. You're in San Antonio right?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Nah thats where my hometown is. Lackland does have alot though thats a big base. Im in jacksonville florida right now, small *** base lol thanks for serving though
Old 05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Buford17
Nah thats where my hometown is. Lackland does have alot though thats a big base. Im in jacksonville florida right now, small *** base lol thanks for serving though
Yessir!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Teching In

yes mods so far headers and dual exhaust and yes vht night shades with clear coat both brake lights without tinting the reverse lights hehe and also 3rd brake light tinted windows and tinted bowtie on front next thing is a vette servo and when the wind calms down ill get a better idle clip and a accelerate with windows down clip
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Launching!

I tinted all of mine lol I couldnt get mine to have a gloss to it though after all the coats of clear and buffing and waxing, but iv got another thread about that on ls1tech a long time ago so i wont start a new one. I havnt tinted the 3rd break light though to be honest I forgot all about it at the time lol yea iv also got the front emblem painted blue and the vette servo. Hell yea do it man im always excited to hear a nice setup!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Depending on the year of your truck and all having cut dow. On the back pressure might actually take away hp. Lts are good for ur high end an all but id stick to a chambered muffler so at least u dont loose to much back pressue without cats to get that nice sound. Then id work on the rear end like a stall and gears to help out on u low end then itd be a cam then a tune after that would b a turbo. Just saying that would be prolly the beat steps to follow thru with.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 07chevytruck
Depending on the year of your truck and all having cut dow. On the back pressure might actually take away hp. Lts are good for ur high end an all but id stick to a chambered muffler so at least u dont loose to much back pressue without cats to get that nice sound. Then id work on the rear end like a stall and gears to help out on u low end then itd be a cam then a tune after that would b a turbo. Just saying that would be prolly the beat steps to follow thru with.
Yes it sure does thats what I was actually planning on doing, but as usual unexpected things come up and cant seem to ever go the way I want lol but thats for another thread im about to put up
Old 05-21-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

ive got lts, ory and a single in dual out flow exiting at the muffler and love the sound of it...not to loud cruising or idling but it screams at wot