Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

DrX 90mm TB harness A+++

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DrX 90mm TB harness A+++

Just installed it and had no hitches or issues to speak of. It does though, noticed with engine off, at WOT the throttle plate quivers and makes a noise as it does it. Don't recon it is a problem just wonder if it is normal.

Power difference is VERY noticable. That little TB was choking mine down for sure. I'd say 20hp+ improvement by the SOTP feel. And that is before tuning. It is obviously hitting different cells cause it is 10:1 at 2500-3500 and slowly leans out in the upper rpm band to 12.4:1 so there is more in it with tuning for sure.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for reporting the good news...I just recently picked one up and can't wait to get it on,I am doing the whole 90mm conversion at once,so it should be very noticeable...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Notorious BIG

TurboGibbs, that is GREAT news! Thanks for the update. Did you notice your part throttle shifts being off at all? When i did the 90mm conversion and having the TB not open all the way it screwed up my part throttle shifting and my TCC lockup settings. just wondering what your take on it is?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Holty
TurboGibbs, that is GREAT news! Thanks for the update. Did you notice your part throttle shifts being off at all? When i did the 90mm conversion and having the TB not open all the way it screwed up my part throttle shifting and my TCC lockup settings. just wondering what your take on it is?
Some just forget sometimes that there is another life in the world of hotrodding. My part throttle and full throttle shift points and firmness change all the time depending on how I feel at the moment.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Some just forget sometimes that there is another life in the world of hotrodding. My part throttle and full throttle shift points and firmness change all the time depending on how I feel at the moment.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

He is not an auto, just in case your forgot
Old 05-22-2007, 09:22 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Just installed it and had no hitches or issues to speak of. It does though, noticed with engine off, at WOT the throttle plate quivers and makes a noise as it does it. Don't recon it is a problem just wonder if it is normal.
A slight twitch of the blade is normal when trying to maintain a specific TP. Stock TB does the same.

I hear that this mod is doing well on the 06 trucks too(different TAC module than 03-05). So no pedal swaps required.

Grant
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
He is not an auto, just in case your forgot

AHHHHHHHHHH ok, makes sense now lol
Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrX
A slight twitch of the blade is normal when trying to maintain a specific TP. Stock TB does the same.

I hear that this mod is doing well on the 06 trucks too(different TAC module than 03-05). So no pedal swaps required.

Grant
That's good to hear!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

AHHHHHHHHHH ok, makes sense now lol
Yeah, I use the smiley for a reason. Not showing how I swap from Park to Drive really fast multiple times like some auto boys do.

Quick Reply: DrX 90mm TB harness A+++