Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dual Widebands?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Good info, thanks guys. I was just checking out that Aeroforce gauge and I really like it...I like the idea of running their dual kit, as I'd definitely like to monitor KR at all times, and LTFT's...I guess that the easiest and least expensive route would be to get one WB and one Aeroforce and run them in the SoCal Diesel mount, and just switch from the parameters I need in the Aeroforce. Great info guys, keep it coming
FYI, the newer Aeroforce gauges will allow you to pick several PIDs to monitor and it automatically scroll/switches between the ones you select. Also it allows you to pick several PIDs to monitor for warning lights... The newer ones have 2 warning lights that will go off when a value is exceeded...
Old 10-17-2010, 11:58 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
FYI, the newer Aeroforce gauges will allow you to pick several PIDs to monitor and it automatically scroll/switches between the ones you select. Also it allows you to pick several PIDs to monitor for warning lights... The newer ones have 2 warning lights that will go off when a value is exceeded...
That's pretty awesome...so one will cut it, I'm liking the idea of one wb and one Aero now.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
That's pretty awesome...so one will cut it, I'm liking the idea of one wb and one Aero now.
I have the Aeroforce gauge in my truck. One of the best items I have ever purchased. Not only can you monitor data but you can read/clear codes, even while driving. It comes with a mini harness to add in an additional sensor. I may just do a wideband into this input.
I found that Maryland Speed had the best price. It had to be custom made, Silver face, Blue LED.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Next question, does anyone have a part number for a wideband? I think the right Denso sensor would work great.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:10 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Why have two widebands if you can't add fuel to individual cylinders? If one side reads 13.3 and the other reads 13.0 how can you make them match?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Why have two widebands if you can't add fuel to individual cylinders? If one side reads 13.3 and the other reads 13.0 how can you make them match?
I think the idea of two widebands would be more to monitor if there was a problem on one bank, like the injector issue that Corey had. I'm leaning more towards one wideband and one Aeroforce now though, easiest, least expensive route.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skolman91
I check mine sometimes using this and i got a question maybe you can answer or input, is there a % or something to go by that they are suppose to be within in the same range of each other? It was said the drivers is always leaner, i forget which one it is right now but one side seems to run richer than the other iirc..
sweet, thanks for the input to my question..

Last edited by skolman91; 10-18-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little add/info I was told by a tuner...

A 2002 VW Jetta o2 sensor will work of the sensor instead of wasting money on a complete system from Fast or Autometer or whatever. I dont know personally if it works, just have been told that...
Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We installed a Roush supercharger on a F150, along with dual widebands and a boost gauge. He already had an Edge installed for monitering the pcm. I'll post pics of it as soon as Photobucket quits screwing up.

The dual widebands did help us in finding and repairing a vacuum leak last week. My customer knew something was wrong(by the gauge on the right bank reading erratically) and brought the truck in right away. I can see an advantage of having two instead of just one.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
We installed a Roush supercharger on a F150, along with dual widebands and a boost gauge. He already had an Edge installed for monitering the pcm. I'll post pics of it as soon as Photobucket quits screwing up.

The dual widebands did help us in finding and repairing a vacuum leak last week. My customer knew something was wrong(by the gauge on the right bank reading erratically) and brought the truck in right away. I can see an advantage of having two instead of just one.
Good info Roger, that's what I'm talking about...

Bought a lottery ticket for the 86 million dollar lottery today...if I win I'll be buying widebands for my NEW truck, Camaro, Corvette...maybe I'll put 4 in my truck....two behind the driver's seat so I can still monitor my AF ratio when I turn around to back up ...nah, I'll have the dough for a back up camera!

Quick Reply: Dual Widebands?