Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Duramax Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duramax Diesel

A buddy of mine has recently purchased a new durmax regular cab. He is intersted in some performance upgrades for it, I have no sugestions for him. What are your sugestions for it, he is not looking to go too crazy, just the norm(exhaust, chip, cold air). Thanks for all the input,also need something stuff that we can build-maybe a turbo upgrade in the future. Also, has anyone heard of running farm-diesel in the new duramaxs-dont know if it will work. Thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Kennedy Diesel 4/5 exhaust system is what I have on mine and it sounds pretty wicked. Good for a nice performance gain, you can see the Superflow charts at his website.

The Edge Juice or Diablosport Predator is a good performance upgrade, just keep it under 60 to 90 HP unless he wants to upgrade the tranny.

Off road diesel will run just fine in the Duramax, it just depends if he is willing to risk the fines if he is checked on road.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

what he said ^^^
Old 06-18-2005, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SBChvy
A buddy of mine has recently purchased a new durmax regular cab. He is intersted in some performance upgrades for it, I have no sugestions for him. What are your sugestions for it, he is not looking to go too crazy, just the norm(exhaust, chip, cold air). Thanks for all the input,also need something stuff that we can build-maybe a turbo upgrade in the future. Also, has anyone heard of running farm-diesel in the new duramaxs-dont know if it will work. Thanks
Have your buddy go here: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php Lots of good info on the Dmax here!
Old 06-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

If I am not mistaken the only difference between the off-road diesel and regular diesel is that the off-road fuel has a red dye and whenever your friend needs to get it serviced he'll run the risk of getting in trouble w/ the law. But, if he is not worried about it yes it will run fine in the D'max.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01Slowrado
If I am not mistaken the only difference between the off-road diesel and regular diesel is that the off-road fuel has a red dye and whenever your friend needs to get it serviced he'll run the risk of getting in trouble w/ the law. But, if he is not worried about it yes it will run fine in the D'max.
You cant run dyed (non-taxable) diesel in an on-highway truck. Not saying it wont run but not a very good idea if Mr. DOT sticks the tank and finds dyed fuel. Gonna be a rare, rare occasion they check it. But if you do get caught you get fined. And for each time you get nailed the fine goes up. It can get kinda ugly too. First Offense is a $2,500 fine AND a Class A misdemeanor. Second or Subsequent Offense results in a $5,000 fine AND a Class 4 felony. Least thats what they do here last I checked.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Yes we are aware of the fines, and arent too worried about them here in upstate NY, thanks for the info, keep it coming
Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

off road diesel also contains higher sulfer. and from what i have seen, is filthy, i would not put that crap in my $45k truck
Old 06-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

if you need some prices on parts drop me a pm i have some good connections