Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Longtube Header Package worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech Longtube Header Package worth the money?

I want to go to long tube headers on my truck just wondering if that $1200 Dynatech setup is actually worth the money?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sure it is! The only negative I have heard is that a few guys have had issues with the passenger header hitting the floorpan. Don't know if they have remedied it yet. I'm sure some of the guys that have them will post up.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GREGGO
Sure it is! The only negative I have heard is that a few guys have had issues with the passenger header hitting the floorpan. Don't know if they have remedied it yet. I'm sure some of the guys that have them will post up.
Yeah, it seems like a hell of a system, the high flow cats and all. I just have the ceramic coated Edlebrock shorties right now and from what most people tell me shorties aren't really that much better than stock manifolds but at the time it seemed like a good idea besides they were cheap, definitely want long tubes though.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

I college student and work at a speed shop and we put a set on a vette granted that don't tell you what the truck system but it looked great and was an easy install I think their worth the money personally but that is just my opinion.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, its a lot of money, but look at what you are getting: long tube headers, two cats and a Y-pipe - all stainless steel. And it's an easy install.

To give you some perspective, the stock cat/y-pipe will run you over $500 from the dealership.

Just figure out what you are gonna do with the #5 and #7 spark plug wires. The #3 primary loops up and around, then down between 5 and 7 causing interference with the wires.

trucksleeper, "I college student . . . " - I know you probably didn't mean to type it like that, but dammit that made me laugh
Old 01-08-2005, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

Aren't the dynatechs also setup where you can swap out from cats to no cats easily?
Old 01-08-2005, 02:36 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like the Dynatech setup is the way to go looks like I need to save up a little money.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Aren't the dynatechs also setup where you can swap out from cats to no cats easily?
Don't really know much about the system yet but that would also be bad *** if you could swap out to no cats easily.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For $1200 I would just rather save up the rest and get an STS kit where you won't need headers
Old 01-08-2005, 03:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by styleandspeed
For $1200 I would just rather save up the rest and get an STS kit where you won't need headers
Good point!

Quick Reply: Dynatech Longtube Header Package worth the money?