Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech LT's On The Way!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I love my dynatechs and they are ceramic coated
I asked MTI about having them Ceramic coated and they told me not to.
Even one of there tuners was there talking to me and said not to do it as well. What are there reasons for saying this???

Jim
Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dudes at MTI are morons first of all, second of all they are morons, third of all they are morons. I was there once and one of their techs strapped on of the straps that holds th car on the dyno to a sway bar

All I know is my underhood temps were high as hell with them I got them ceramic coated and I could touch them 10 min after I got home and it wasnt nearly as hot plus they look better. There is NO reason not too. Moregrip got his stainlessworks headers ceramic coated.

Like I said the guys at MTI are morons.

Another example they got 15/20 out of a tune on a 00 rcsb with full bolt ons, they have some ability let me tell you

Notice my nasty ceramic coating but it was free after I bitched about it
Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
The dudes at MTI are morons first of all, second of all they are morons, third of all they are morons. I was there once and one of their techs strapped on of the straps that holds th car on the dyno to a sway bar

All I know is my underhood temps were high as hell with them I got them ceramic coated and I could touch them 10 min after I got home and it wasnt nearly as hot plus they look better. There is NO reason not too. Moregrip got his stainlessworks headers ceramic coated.

Like I said the guys at MTI are morons.

Another example they got 15/20 out of a tune on a 00 rcsb with full bolt ons, they have some ability let me tell you

Notice my nasty ceramic coating but it was free after I bitched about it
I am also not to impressed with MTI's tuning....
Old 05-03-2006, 03:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Picked up the Dynatechs yesterday. Now I'm debating on sending them out to Jet Hot for a coating inside and out. They want $300.00 to do it.
What do you guys think?
There were no shops here locally that recommended a ceramic coating shop here in Houston.

Jim
Old 05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Picked up the Dynatechs yesterday. Now I'm debating on sending them out to Jet Hot for a coating inside and out. They want $300.00 to do it.
What do you guys think?
There were no shops here locally that recommended a ceramic coating shop here in Houston.

Jim
Yeah buddy,
Mine arrived via the big brown truck yesterday!! I'm interested in hearing the opinions on the coating also. Also, would you think the Y-pipe needs coating too?
They look awfully nice without it though!! I was thinking that the SS would be fine alone but.....there I go thinking again!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

hurry up and get that done jim, i wana hear your truck
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

coating should be a new thread! Is the armor coat any good? on the pacesetters?? is it worth it to get uncoated and send them to jethot??? I am going to get the offroad pipe and add my stock cats to keep her clean/legal.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mjustmike
Yeah buddy,
Mine arrived via the big brown truck yesterday!! I'm interested in hearing the opinions on the coating also. Also, would you think the Y-pipe needs coating too?
They look awfully nice without it though!! I was thinking that the SS would be fine alone but.....there I go thinking again!!!
Just have the actual headers coated. Not the pipes below. It's really no different than the stock pipe used.
www.jet-hot.com They have a few different colors to choose from. If I decide to do it, I will go with their silver color. I spoke with a guy their and he said it will come out looking like a polished aluminum look. Sounds good to me.
He also said the flow coat the inside pipes and spray the outside of them.
They've been in this business since 1980, so I can trust they will do a good job.

Jim
Old 05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Just have the actual headers coated. Not the pipes below. It's really no different than the stock pipe used.
www.jet-hot.com They have a few different colors to choose from. If I decide to do it, I will go with their silver color. I spoke with a guy their and he said it will come out looking like a polished aluminum look. Sounds good to me.
He also said the flow coat the inside pipes and spray the outside of them.
They've been in this business since 1980, so I can trust they will do a good job.

Jim
Thanks Jim!!!
If I do it, I'd follow with you and get the silver also.

Mike
Old 05-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk to CurtD about his experience with Jet-Hot. His turbo piping was cracking as he pulled it out of the packing to put back on the truck

Quick Reply: Dynatech LT's On The Way!