Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Not sure how much it costs, and yes mine are stained pretty good

Did the headers on your mustang "blue" (turn gold/blue) ? Being stainless, mine blued almost immediately but I've always wondered how ceramic coating affects this.
Not at all, they look just as they did when installed. The x-pipe is also stainless and it has "blued", it's not coated though.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so yeah...this adds to my regret about not getting them coated

would have been nice to keep them silver
Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jet Hot coated my used AZ long Tubes and Y-pipe. They can coat anything. They clean them up pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Dynatech Supermaxx-header-1.jpg  
Old 10-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I cleaned the hell outta my dynatechs and they still got all stained up. I really don't care but, they look bad now. I would have them coated or recommend it if I ever sell them.

The only real issue I had was getting spark plug wires to fit on the #5 and #7 plugs. The wires they sent in the package didn't seem to fit AT ALL. I have some longer truck wires on those two plugs that work good.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a set and they are great, fit great, everything about them is great, but i wouldnt even deal with the y pipe if you plan on doing any performance mods, then just do true duals
Old 10-21-2004, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS

The only real issue I had was getting spark plug wires to fit on the #5 and #7 plugs. The wires they sent in the package didn't seem to fit AT ALL. I have some longer truck wires on those two plugs that work good.
Yeah, the MSD's they sent with the kit just barely hang onto the plug. They told me they stopped sending those and started using heat sheild covers. They sent me out a pair and it seems to work ok, but having the wire rest on the header tube is making it brittle....I'll be looking at new wires soon.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys received wires with your headers as part of the kit? Hmmm, I didn't. No matter.

I installed mine in August and my only fitment issue is with the driver side pipe where it makes the 90* turn after the cat. I have about 1/8" clearance from the trans crossmember. It rattles about 20% of the time, but not that bad even when it does. Mine have turned a slight golden color, but it seems to have colored less where the pipes were polished better.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Yeah, the MSD's they sent with the kit just barely hang onto the plug. They told me they stopped sending those and started using heat sheild covers. They sent me out a pair and it seems to work ok, but having the wire rest on the header tube is making it brittle....I'll be looking at new wires soon.
What is the best fix as far as plug wires for these headers? Also, the y-pipe is two pieces correct? Did anyone weld the two pieces together or do they seal good with the clamp?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

I've been looking at Magnacore wires, havent decided though

Yes y pipe is two peice, I have mine tack welded by the pass.side cat b/c it seemed to be slipping some, but yes it seals fine with the supplied clamps.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by leochevy2001
Yes that is EGR. AIR would be on the driver side.
I didn't think trucks had AIR?

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx