Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumrebel1
I didn't think trucks had AIR?
I think it is mainly California truck that have it, not sure if others did/do or not.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had bad luck with the magnecor wires on my 98 Z, they didn't like to stay on the plugs, if you can believe it, they would actually wiggle off the plugs and the car would run like ****......i'd check, and usually 2 to 4 wires would be loose to damn near not even connected to the plug. I'll never use them again, i've heard good about the MSD's, that or i'll buy the do it yourself kit, and make them as long as i want.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueStepside
What is the best fix as far as plug wires for these headers? Also, the y-pipe is two pieces correct? Did anyone weld the two pieces together or do they seal good with the clamp?
This is what I did with mine (using stock wires): https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....73&postcount=4
I think welding it in that place would make it hard to R&R - if you ever had to. That driver side piece was a bitch to get on there as it was.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Y-pipe seals fine with the clamps, no need to weld. The FLP headers on my old Camaro used the same type of clamps and they never leaked either.

That's a nice way to keep the plug wires away from the headers snakeoiler.

I just happened to have two odd size stock plug wires that were longer than normal stock wires and they worked pretty good on #5 and #7
Old 10-22-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by creederado
Jet Hot coated my used AZ long Tubes and Y-pipe. They can coat anything. They clean them up pretty good.
At first I thought you mean they can-coat... as in "rattle can". Like you can buy ceramic coating at AutoZone.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Also, this thread kind of pertains to this...

Cleaning stainless headers.

Steel wool - to polish - to steel wool - to polish once more, cleans up even the grimiest sections.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I think it is mainly California truck that have it, not sure if others did/do or not.
Yeah I'm pretty sure mine doesn't. Mine doesn't have EGR........ anymore.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Teching In

What type of gains did you guys see from these? Comparable to the other long tube brands?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeoiler
This is what I did with mine (using stock wires): https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....73&postcount=4
I think welding it in that place would make it hard to R&R - if you ever had to. That driver side piece was a bitch to get on there as it was.
I remember seeing those pics, or some similar before. Looks like it serves it purpose well.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why dont these headers like the dynatechs and as&ms already come coated. For the price of these longtubes for these new trucks they should stay shiny for 50 years. I know when i bought longtubes for my z28 they were jet hot coated and the were 600 shipped to me. I guess im wondering what makes headers for these trucks so damn expensive?

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx