Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine also had egr on the pass.side
Old 10-23-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
mine also had egr on the pass.side
Looking at pics on the website, the kit for the 5.3 does not have an EGR. The just header kit does and the 6.0 do. I am hoping that I can get them without it. No biggie just would prefer not to have it hanging around if not needed.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That blows. . . mine had the EGR on it, too.
Attached Thumbnails Dynatech Supermaxx-headerpost.jpg  
Old 10-23-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeoiler
That blows. . . mine had the EGR on it, too.
I'm being hopeful. If you look closely at the pics on website for the 5.3 kit there are all kinds of strange things. Bungs on the collectors for O2's in some shots, bungs in different places on the y pipe. These were probably early prototype shots of the kits and don't acurately represent current production. Mine will probably have an egr on it
Old 10-24-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I checked with one place local and they said they would coat the headers for $200 and the y-pipe for another $100. Do those prices seem about right? High? Low?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i beleive that egr was on the truck till 2002. maybe if you order it for a 02 they will not have the egr on them.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone have some before and after track or dyno numbers from these? I was thinking of coupling this with a Magnaflow single exhaust.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Seeing Red Again
Does anyone have some before and after track or dyno numbers from these? I was thinking of coupling this with a Magnaflow single exhaust.
Same here, Seeing Red! I'm *this* close to buying 'em for my truck; I already have the 22" Magnaflow single exit. For what it's worth, I asked Dynatech a question about coating and they said the 304 stainless should not get too hot under the hood. That's good news for me.

Hey, I notice you're in K-Vegas! I'm over in Greensboro, but have some softball buds who're just finishing their season over there.

I'll post with my perceptions after I get these on the truck. Maybe you'll beat me to it, huh? LOL!
Old 10-24-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
Same here, Seeing Red! I'm *this* close to buying 'em for my truck; I already have the 22" Magnaflow single exit. For what it's worth, I asked Dynatech a question about coating and they said the 304 stainless should not get too hot under the hood. That's good news for me.

Hey, I notice you're in K-Vegas! I'm over in Greensboro, but have some softball buds who're just finishing their season over there.

I'll post with my perceptions after I get these on the truck. Maybe you'll beat me to it, huh? LOL!
Yeah! Definately do that. I'm thinking of keeping the stock cats and just going with the headers since I don't know if replacing the cats is worth the extra $300.

I'm still doing a "forum search" for any posted gains with these headers. I'll post up a link if I find anything.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Couldn't get mine on this weekend. I wasn't feeling the love.

The three manifold to "y-pipe" bolts were harder to break loose than the infamous crank bolt. I got two loose, rounded another. Got mad and gave up.

The trick is to use at least a 2' cheater bar, and push like you're trying to break something. Wear gloves and be prepared to punch something.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx