Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for what it is worth I am a believer in jet hot coating. I have a jet boat with a 472ci ford with bassett headers. Now this engine usually operates at 4000-5400 rpm for extended periods. the headers came chrome plated from the factory and they are water injected. they still get HOT. hot enough to give you cool little tattoos in most cases. Now I have also seen jet hot coated bassett headers that not only run substantially cooler but also cool down on shut down 10 times faster. these things are usually cool to the touch within 10 minutes. you can still cook hot dogs on mine after 10 minutes. the jet hot also will not blue as I have seen it run DRY in marine applications with rpms over 6000 for extended periods. It will however turn a dull color.

My intake manifold on the jet boat is ceramic coated(not jet hot, but similar) and the stuff cleans up amazing. Mind you this is in a marine application with an exposed engine. I plan to send my boat headers off this winter to get jet hot coated. The marine industry loves the jet hot coating. Hope this helps some trying to decide whether to coat headers or not.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the feedback, Smooth Sierra. This is the issue that I'm 'rassling with right now. The word that I got back from Dynatech was that less than 1% of their customers went with the coating. I haven't ruled it out yet, I'm just trying to get my head around spending another ~275 bucks unless the heat around the engine is just too high.

I'm not likely to really run my truck hard enough for the heat to be a problem. Now that I'm in my 50s, my enjoyment comes as much from cruising around in a fun ride than anything. I might take it to the local track sometime, but it's not in my plans right now.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
Thanks for the feedback, Smooth Sierra. This is the issue that I'm 'rassling with right now. The word that I got back from Dynatech was that less than 1% of their customers went with the coating. I haven't ruled it out yet, I'm just trying to get my head around spending another ~275 bucks unless the heat around the engine is just too high.

I'm not likely to really run my truck hard enough for the heat to be a problem. Now that I'm in my 50s, my enjoyment comes as much from cruising around in a fun ride than anything. I might take it to the local track sometime, but it's not in my plans right now.
I have the dynatech headers on my 2004 rc sb and work really cool. Ruff to install but like them alot. Works great with the corsa cat back.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hotrod04
I have the dynatech headers on my 2004 rc sb and work really cool. Ruff to install but like them alot. Works great with the corsa cat back.
For the life of me, I cannot find anything that provides data about the expected performance increase from the Dynatech. Have you seen dyno charts or published HP/Tq #s anywhere? What's your guess as to what you saw with your truck?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the life of me, I cannot find anything that provides data about the expected performance increase from the Dynatech. Have you seen dyno charts or published HP/Tq #s anywhere? What's your guess as to what you saw with your truck?

Thanks!
I'm just starting with mods, I have the Volant ram,dyantech headers and corsa catback and what a differance from stock--only have 3,000 miles on the truck but the headers really woke the 5.3 up. I have the Vinci programmer for the computer but haven't used it yet, maybe a couple of more day's before I get time to make this mod. If I had to guess I would say 20 to 25HP at least with the headers and catback.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Great, that's similar to my setup; Volant ram-air, with Magnaflow 3" in/3" out to a mandrel-bent 3" pipe in the stock location. After the headers, I'll start saving for a custom tune!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!
That's my number one concern too. If I buy these I'm going to get some before and after 1/4 mile numbers.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

I did a Google search and found this link where dyno pulls show an increase of 22hp/20tq at the flywheel after adding Dynatech headers to a CAI, cat-back, and SuperChips tune. That's pretty stout!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02denali
i beleive that egr was on the truck till 2002. maybe if you order it for a 02 they will not have the egr on them.
Returned the kit I got for the 6.0 and now have a newly manufactured kit for the 5.3. Made 10/25/04 according to the qc stickers on it and drop shipped to me. It does have EGR valve fitting on passenger side and all do according to DT. This kit did not come with plug wires. Must be a 6L thing? I hope to install tomorrow and will post performance differences according to G-timer when done. Anybody have any requests from the install?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my set last night, hopefully I will be able to tell a sotp difference.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx