Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working on verifying how accurate the delivered engine or trans torque is in HPTuners - but I heard they were surprisingly close to rear wheel power. (engine/trans data are both within a few ft/lbs of each other)

Example: with my other mods, the most I'd scan was 350-360ft/lbs. The truck is supposed to have 380 stock.

So, I put my headers on Friday. I'm scanning gains of 40-50 ft/lbs.

The truck doesn't really respond like an animal or anything, it just mundanely gets up and goes noticeably quicker. Especially when rolling on the throttle on the highway, or kicking it down a gear. It's like I lost a couple hundred pounds of weight.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the feedback! My Dynatechs were supposed to be installed today but it ain't gonna happen...maybe tomorrow. Man, I can't wait! I'm also hoping to do a cam and PCM upgrade soon, and a TC.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

No problem!

I like the headers a lot. Are you installing them yourself?

I think I'm still chasing down some exhaust leaks downstream of the cats - that's my only real issue.

I'm interested in hearing about your exhaust note - mine got a lot louder. That really surprised me.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to bite the bullet and have a local shop install them. At 52, it hurts WAY too much for me to be crawling around underneath my truck...lol!

Of course, I hope the exhaust note/tune sounds good; that's pretty much what I'm expecting anyway. Call me a redneck but I can't wait to get into the parking barn downtown to hear the sound of the engine backing down thru the headers/Magnaflow!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
I'm going to bite the bullet and have a local shop install them. At 52, it hurts WAY too much for me to be crawling around underneath my truck...lol!

Of course, I hope the exhaust note/tune sounds good; that's pretty much what I'm expecting anyway. Call me a redneck but I can't wait to get into the parking barn downtown to hear the sound of the engine backing down thru the headers/Magnaflow!
I installed my headers and magnaflow last weekend. It's a definate gain, but takes a while for the computer to adjust. I can light the tires up at will now!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TarheelZ

I don't blame you on that install! I took the day off from work, and borrowed my uncles garage. I had all the time in the world, basically. I was just happy to be working indoors with air tools and a creeper. If I was in my gravel driveway, it would have been a miserable time.

I fixed that exhaust leak I mentioned, and the truck *IS* an animal now. I left a stop down the road here, and got caught off-guard with how quick I was going before the next corner (which I don't usually have to slow for very much).

I'm loving the new exhaust note.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Seeing Red Again
I installed my headers and magnaflow last weekend. It's a definate gain, but takes a while for the computer to adjust. I can light the tires up at will now!
Yeah, I just had mine done yesterday and like it a LOT. I figure it's gonna get even better after I drive it a little more. The exhaust note/tone does sound really good; I'm glad I went with the 22" Magnaflow now!

I've got a new Lunati 55003 cam & springs on the way, along with some slightly reworked 5.3L heads. My order is in for a Wester's tune to tie it all together so I'm hoping for some seriously Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by marc_w
...and the truck *IS* an animal now.

I'm loving the new exhaust note.
LOL! Amen, brother!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I have Supermaxx with the free flow cat and corsa sport cat back....

No issues and sound great......Sound Clip