Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno breakers, who holds the record? Can it be broke? I am going for it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flipper
Well said guys... Enough stalking!

Now back to the thread! Maybe we should quit guessing on how much HP and start guessing on how long it will take to go BOOM!

This is one video I cant wait to see!!!
Have you dyboed that nasty animal that occupies space in your mind, soul, body, & garage. I was most impressed at the attention to detail
I am so lazy. I still haven't cleaned up my nitrous install.

I feel like it's going to hold, last night on the way I held it out twice & bounced the limiter which is at 7500 rpm's. It was straight motor & felt real long & flat after 6800 rpms, but it held.....
Old 03-02-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRAZYCUTER4.8
Have you dyboed that nasty animal that occupies space in your mind, soul, body, & garage. I was most impressed at the attention to detail
I am so lazy. I still haven't cleaned up my nitrous install.

I feel like it's going to hold, last night on the way I held it out twice & bounced the limiter which is at 7500 rpm's. It was straight motor & felt real long & flat after 6800 rpms, but it held.....
No dyno yet.. Did a little dyno tunning, but no pulls yet.. Going to continue tunning and driving for a couple of weeks before I do.. I daily drive it 120 miles a day so its getting some good break-in time.

Cant wait to see how your 4.8 holds up!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flipper
No dyno yet.. Did a little dyno tunning, but no pulls yet.. Going to continue tunning and driving for a couple of weeks before I do.. I daily drive it 120 miles a day so its getting some good break-in time.

Cant wait to see how your 4.8 holds up!
I cannot begin to tell you how dissipointed I am to here that. The fact that you had that nasty dog on the dyno & could resist romping on it just once tells me a great deal about you.......... you do not deserve that set-up! I honestly believe you will not thrash it the way it should be thrashed. You have got to have a dump truck full of disipline! I bet your gonna baby it too! damn!

of course if I had your set-up, I would have long since twisted around something or be in jail...........
Old 03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRAZYCUTER4.8
I cannot begin to tell you how dissipointed I am to here that. The fact that you had that nasty dog on the dyno & could resist romping on it just once tells me a great deal about you.......... you do not deserve that set-up! I honestly believe you will not thrash it the way it should be thrashed. You have got to have a dump truck full of disipline! I bet your gonna baby it too! damn!

of course if I had your set-up, I would have long since twisted around something or be in jail...........

If only it had been my disipline that had stopped me from stomping it on the dyno!

However I am truly amazing myself that I havent been thrashing on it yet! I guess I have been around the block a few times on rushing stuff.. I actually drove it to a test and tune last weekend and was a spectator! Now that was tuff. I had a tune up situation that killed my last motor so this time it will be right! I have WAY too much time and money invested this time to fall victim to peer pressure or ego!

BTW: When she is ready, there will be no shortage of "thrashing" on it!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Oh yes. Please make a video and hurry up!!!!!(peer pressure)
Philip S.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

damm it hurry, i need videos!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for you (although I doubt anyone has forgotten)
Any Progress yet? I'm eager to see this!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

ya lets see some numbers
Old 03-03-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Crazy... did you blow up with your truck? what happened, anything to talk about?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:58 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want some numbers and video!!!!! lets get er done.

btw, i think you are truely crazy, put a fuel pump in that thing and keep most of the shot as a wet, with some decentfuel i think you could hit 600rwhp and drive it home when you are done.

Quick Reply: Dyno breakers, who holds the record? Can it be broke? I am going for it!