Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno breakers, who holds the record? Can it be broke? I am going for it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blow it up like a blow up doll
Old 03-04-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

We still havent got it on the dyno and there is some potential bad news. The other day when he was pulling out of his driveway I heard some slight knocking and told him. We kind of blew it off but now he is hearing it more(I dont know if that is because he knows its there or what)! His LS1 wotn be ready for a couple of months so I dont know of he is gonna go ahead and bascilly kill it by getting on the dyno with 250+ shot of n20 or if he is just gonna baby it untill the new motor is ready! Im sure he will chime in! Sorry for the delay guys I can honestly tell you that the 1st day we had planned it and his Mr.Mom responsibility came up it broke his HP heart! But then again he was also talking about going to the track tonite!---Crackhead---- So whats the plan Crazy?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parish8
i want some numbers and video!!!!! lets get er done.

btw, i think you are truely crazy, put a fuel pump in that thing and keep most of the shot as a wet, with some decentfuel i think you could hit 600rwhp and drive it home when you are done.

I had a knocking noise in the engine yesterday morning on the way to work, I thought well there she goes, Then it went away once she warmed up.

My first reaction was that all the abuse has finally caught up. Then I thought about all the b/s I deal with on a daily basis with engine knock & carbon build up. So for kicks I ran some top engine clean through the truck, let it set for an hour or so, then drove it to tyler & back to blow it out, about 240 miles round trip. When I got in this morning about 2:00 a.m. I ran some of what I had left through it & after blowing it out this morning it is virtually gone.

That had me pretty worried, I have an ls1 rotating assembly, 6.0 heads, & a spare 5.3 block from an 03 procharged suburban that fryed a piston while I was tuning it(the fmu line came off). I am still going today to pick it up, this was the wake-up call I needed to get the iron block ls1 done.

As for being cazy, yeah I do some stupid impulsive crap. I always have been like that. I have been playing this role to the hilt trying to push the 4.8 until it blows so that I could justify to my wife spending the cash. The problem is that I told her that if I ever got it in the low 13's I would quit racing it, stop spending money on it, I put the bed cover & wheels back on it. I NEVER DREAMED THIS 17.4 SECOND TRUCK (FACTORY) WOULD EVER HIT A 12.75! I just kept pushing it thinking it would blow first, never did.

I should be on the dyno this weekend, I am going to try to go to the track tonight & see how she holds up.... will keep informed, mike should have some videos for you.....
Old 03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

No guts no glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

ahhhh it will be ok...Don't sweat it... (and make sure that video camera is on)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok so whats the deal? Did you ever get it dynoed or what?
Im very curious.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

what ever happened to your truck crazy
Old 03-19-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well it looks like we will never kniw what it could have done! One reason is because he is a month or so away from doing the iron LS1. We are replacing pushrods on the 4.8 Tomorrow but thet main reason we probably wont ever know is the place we used to dyno(the only place within 3 hours of us) that was 10 miles from both of us(there and back) sold the Dynojet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there it is im more upset about not having dyno access whenever more than his number! Sorry Crazy-I already know its capabilities!
Old 03-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Well it looks like we will never kniw what it could have done! One reason is because he is a month or so away from doing the iron LS1. We are replacing pushrods on the 4.8 Tomorrow but thet main reason we probably wont ever know is the place we used to dyno(the only place within 3 hours of us) that was 10 miles from both of us(there and back) sold the Dynojet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there it is im more upset about not having dyno access whenever more than his number! Sorry Crazy-I already know its capabilities!
Man that sucks. 3 hours is a little far to drive not knowing if the engine is going to hold up or not. Let us know when you finally get it done.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Teching In

trailer that bisatch. we gotta see what the 4.8 can do, come on.

Quick Reply: Dyno breakers, who holds the record? Can it be broke? I am going for it!