Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno numbers tomorrow on ecz71 with radix!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retsell
Not in a truck. The P1SC makes good power, but its all up top, radix has a much better powerband. While the votec is still spooling, I'll be way ahead.

Just my opinion of course.
All depends what your looking for. For the track, sure the radix is awesome! But for the street, where is all that torque supposed to go? Ive personally driven in and around Blownchevy's Radix'd 6.0 4l80 truck and that sucker wouldent get any traction unless it was on slicks.

So... yes the numbers are impressive but what are the practical uses of that torque? You gotta get it down to use it right?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:48 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

thats why chevy made 4x4's!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FirstGen
when you can pull a trailer with a vega when can compare those two.
Ever tried towing with a lightning.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by retsell
Ever tried towing with a lightning.

Yup, bosses 22ft speed boat. And I pulled my landscaping trailor everyday with my P1SC, Dakota r/t everyone said those can't tow either. Course it was slow compared to you guys, it only put down 512 rwhp and 486 ft#'s back in 2001 with speed density.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, go back on topic! I hate to see the flame jobs here. I switched to the "dark" side and went Hemi last year ( couldn't get a crew cab half ton 6.0L at the time ). I sold the Silvo to my brother and still enjoy the LSx platform enough to build an iron block stroker for him ( and myself ). The Dodge site I currently subscribe to is awful about flaming other brands and each other. Hate to see it on here. Testosterone is rampant! Just remember, we all enjoy our trucks and modding them. A little bench racing is OK just don't get personal. Gator is being honest about his experiences, and remember he has ACTUAL experiences. I agree he coulda been more PC with the responses but it takes some cajones to speak out against the mob. Use his experiences to kick the next L off the strip and then buy him a beer after. Truck lovers are truck lovers regardless of the name badges on the vehicle.
Peace.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

well said.
and you forgot to mention that KTM's rock
Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstGen
well said.
and you forgot to mention that KTM's rock
Yeah, that's the truth! Especially true for us 6'6" tall circus freaks like Shorty the director ( wherever the "Land of the 6'7" tall" people live ).
Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

KTM's are awesome, but back on topic.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

traction should never be an excuse, even in a truck. slapper bars/ranchero bars/etc etc. hell if MTomac can pull 1.6 60' in his 7200 lbs duramax on all terain tires - anything is possible. 500 rwtq Ls can EASILY get traction from a dead stop on the street - believe me just the driver's ability gets in the way at times.

also, thanks for the words about fighting the mob. sometimes i feel like that. ok i always feel like that lol. but oh well. like he said i have experience with both platforms (when the wife lets me drive her yukon). i am just not one to take the words of hearsay. enjoy truck racing, it certainly is a weird breed! plenty of cocky guys on the ford, dodge, and GM site. believe me bro.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

pic - check out those bars! sexy on a real tow rig!

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers tomorrow on ecz71 with radix!!!!!!