Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id look into some ASM injectors, they are rated 43lbs, plug right in the harness and only like $420.00 for a set.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Wow... that's the biggest cam I've heard going in a truck around here.

I'd love to hear how it runs and drives... loss of lowend, fuel economy, highway useage, etc.

Congrats on those numbers, BTW. Nice and healthy.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BLK...how did the truck feel after the cam swap? Did you change pushrods also? Lots of tuning needed after the swap? Sounds like you have a sweet truck man. Could you get a sound clip of it idling? If not thats cool, just curious.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BLK6.0HD
Yeah no tuning at all. To get it to idle i had to turn the throttle plate screw in about a 1/8th'', and it idles around 850. Im getting it tuned with edit in a couple weeks. What do you think about the svo30 injectors?I got a price for the 8.1 injectors and they were about 75.00ea, and svo's are around 245 for a set at summit.

Oh damn! Get rid of that TqMgt ****, add a lot of timing too, and correct the A/F your truck should gain 20-30 hp from that or more seeing as you have that cam and all those mods.

How much more do you plan on adding to your truck? If you are gonna stay N/A I'd stick with 8.1 injectors... $75/ea sounds high. I'd look elsewhere for them as I could swear they can be picked up for less. The Ford ones will work but you gotta shim your injector rails and wire in new injector leads...ask XLR8NSS for the instructions on how to do that. I'd rather just get the 8.1 injectors of those Racetronix 43lbs/hr but I think those are too large.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc_w
Wow... that's the biggest cam I've heard going in a truck around here.

I'd love to hear how it runs and drives... loss of lowend, fuel economy, highway useage, etc.

Congrats on those numbers, BTW. Nice and healthy.
I will try to get some sound clips and post them along with the dyno pulls. I did lose some bottom end with this cam, it would still spin the tires pretty good off the line without the stall. When i put in the converter, any lowend that was lost was back and even more. I had a 02 zo6 cam in it before this one and it sucked on the bottom. As far as fuel economy it gets around 10-12 now, but i work one mile from my house so milage is no big deal. Before i put in the stall i would have to put it in neutral at stoplights or else it would start to buck because of the cam. Now its fine around town or on the highway.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ACDenali
BLK...how did the truck feel after the cam swap? Did you change pushrods also? Lots of tuning needed after the swap? Sounds like you have a sweet truck man. Could you get a sound clip of it idling? If not thats cool, just curious.
I ended up using trickflow 7.350 pushrods, and the only thing i did to get it to run with this cam was turn in the throttle plate screw. Just a temp fix until i get some tuning. I hope i can get around 500 or more rwhp after tuning, headwork and the bottle.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just go with the 44# injectors that AS&M sells. They are direct drop in injectors but, will need tuning. The SVO injectors are not direct drop ins and require some shimming and twisting of the fuel rail to fit along with new injector plugs. The 44# injectors Arizona Speed and Marine sells will work great for you.

I don't think you'll have any problem hitting 500rwhp with the stuff you're doing.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I would just go with the 44# injectors that AS&M sells. They are direct drop in injectors but, will need tuning. The SVO injectors are not direct drop ins and require some shimming and twisting of the fuel rail to fit along with new injector plugs. The 44# injectors Arizona Speed and Marine sells will work great for you.

I don't think you'll have any problem hitting 500rwhp with the stuff you're doing.
Thanks for the info. Yeah 500 would be nice for a tow vehicle .
Old 12-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if you said before but, will that 150 shot be wet or dry? Those injectors will work on a dry shot that big but, might be cutting things a little close.

Here are two links to those injectors. They're both the same injector.

http://www.azspeed.com/muii43lbin.html

and

http://www.racetronix.com/Injector_17113739.html

Yeah, a 500rwhp tow truck would be kinda nice I guess.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I don't know if you said before but, will that 150 shot be wet or dry? Those injectors will work on a dry shot that big but, might be cutting things a little close.

Here are two links to those injectors. They're both the same injector.

http://www.azspeed.com/muii43lbin.html

and

http://www.racetronix.com/Injector_17113739.html

Yeah, a 500rwhp tow truck would be kinda nice I guess.
Its a wet kit. Thanks for the links.

Quick Reply: Dyno results