Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

DYNO RESULTS 2014 Cam, Headers, Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 03:47 AM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts
Default DYNO RESULTS 2014 Cam, Headers, Exhaust

2014 5.3 80k miles, recently had a TX ‘stage 2’ cam, lifter, AFR delete, CAI, 1 7/8 long tube headers, performance Y Pipe, high flow cats, into a single ‘high performance’ borla system that is dumped before the axle, installed and dyno tuned.

The rest of the vehicle is stock. Stock 17 inch wheels/tires, gearing, trans, convertor etc. The tune said the convertor should be swapped to a looser one due to the cam. I don’t know the stock stall, but will in the very near future, switch to a 2200/2500 stall, and have the trans gone through while it’s out.

The tuner said he experience vibrations at 105 mph, so he kept it locked in 3rd gear and didn’t go any faster as these trucks are known to let their drivelines go when abused.

To compensate for this, he stated, “add 30 hp/tq to the entire curve..

Granted, this is not a race truck, just a nice daily driver with some extra power.

But, does this dyno chart look correct, or is there issues?

The tuner, is a well-known and highly recommended, so I don’t think he did the job incorrectly.

Another issue, is, the shop doing the work for me towed my vehicle there and back for the tuning, but I wasn’t provided anything other than this dyno sheet. I don’t know if he changed shift points, adjusted throttle pedal, what octane it’s tuned for, literally nothing. No, I have not contacted the tuner yet, but I will to see about getting this information.

Old 03-27-2021, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

I think I was stalling 2300 stock iirc but that cam may not though if there is a loss in low end. I'll let others comment on the rest. Now add a blower lol and congrats on a fun truck.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:11 AM
Launching!

:bump: anyone?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

You have two threads going so don't expect anything the other thread has already mentioned.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3wide
You have two threads going so don't expect anything the other thread has already mentioned.
One thread is my entire build thread. I posted the results.

This thread is only related to the dyno results. Surely, someone has put a cam in a 2014 5.3 and knows if the results are similar or completely off.

Thanks for the help you have provided, much appreciated.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 465 Likes on 365 Posts

That seems about right, usually about 90 to 100 hp gained from cam depending on grind. Power band will be predicted by cam specs. Did the builder provide them?
Old 03-28-2021, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by IIGW
One thread is my entire build thread. I posted the results.

This thread is only related to the dyno results. Surely, someone has put a cam in a 2014 5.3 and knows if the results are similar or completely off.

Thanks for the help you have provided, much appreciated.
Well, I don't know your gear ratio, regular cab-extra-crew cab. I don't know if you filled the tank with 93 octane or other before the tune. Depending on you body type will determine if you need a stall (weight of truck). My wife drives a 2012 Yukon Denali with a 6.2 and a Texas Speed Cam and I don't need a stall= it roasts the tires shifting all the way through the end of 2nd gear. I know you have the 5.3 engine but since you are drive shaft limited for top speed you should stop light race real well in that truck.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
That seems about right, usually about 90 to 100 hp gained from cam depending on grind. Power band will be predicted by cam specs. Did the builder provide them?
I bought all the parts. I'm just in another country, so I had a local shop do the work, and a reputable tuner do the tuning. Thanks for the information, from my research it does seem right on point.
I'll post more once I am able to talk to the tuner for what he did. I'm just hoping he didnt tune it for grandma.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 465 Likes on 365 Posts

The newer trucks are a bitch to tune. Be patient with the tuner.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
Be patient with the tuner.
patient? he's done. what's to be patient about?

Quick Reply: DYNO RESULTS 2014 Cam, Headers, Exhaust