Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

DYNO RESULTS 2014 Cam, Headers, Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 465 Likes on 365 Posts

You seem to be looking for cracks to put pressure on. Why ask about dyno chart if you trust the tuner? The newer trucks are a challenge to tune so getting it right the first time especially when you didn't give them instruction is difficult. How would they know not to tune it for grandma if you didn't specify them to get 100% out of the tune or tell them 91,93 or ethanol? I'm not busting your ***** its just odd to me for a custom tune to get flashed without owner input for tuner to build said calibration...
Old 03-29-2021, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
You seem to be looking for cracks to put pressure on. ...
I don’t understand that term

Why ask about dyno chart if you trust the tuner? ...
I don’t trust anyone. That’s why I was asking if the parts I have changed look righton the dyno chart.

The newer trucks are a challenge to tune so getting it right the first time especially when you didn't give them instruction is difficult. ...
I 100% gave full instruction

How would they know not to tune it for grandma if you didn't specify them to get 100% out of the tune or tell them 91,93 or ethanol? ...

I'm not busting your ***** its just odd to me for a custom tune to get flashed without owner input for tuner to build said calibration...
I’ll explain, I am in Iraq. Been here since AUG. while I have been gone, I have contacted several shops to do work to my vehicles while I am gone. I have contacted several tuners in my home town and only one acted like a person I wanted to give my money to. You know, I’m old fashioned and customer service, and freedom of speech still means something to me. So, since I won’t see my vehicles for another 4 months, if an incoming rocket doesn’t make that sooner or later, I am asking questions to the many people whom have had a similar combo on the dyno.

I have never heard of the driveshaft issues these trucks have, or I would’ve sent a new shaft to the shop and had them install it.

This isn’t my first build, and frankly if I was home, i wouldn’t have paid someone to do work on my toys as I’d have done it myself.

But, working closely with the shop doing the work, the tuner was given all the info of what I wanted. But, I don’t know if that was actually performed. So the next best thing is to ask the good people, such as yourself, to know if I got what I paid for, or if it looks like I’m missing some power.

Also, knowing I couldn’t get a full pull do to shaft issues, I know the dyno sheet isn’t fully correct. Again, which leads to this post, and me asking for others input. I’m not a jerk, I don’t post who, what or where the work was done at, due to respect to all parties involved.
I hope this helps, and answers your questions/comments.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

I am still curious who your "reputable" tuner is. I live in the area and know the big names and where I would have take my **** to be tuned. If you aren't into putting a name out there, they must not be that reputable IMO.

You're looking at it as if I'm gonna put the guy on blast when in reality I'm trying to let you know if the guy is legit or not and if you should trust him fully. Not everyone is out to trash people. Just trying to help.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Adding "30hp" is bullshit

torque and hp cross at 52-5300rpm, he got the full pull. Your truck made 355, sorry to say. Another 800-1200rpm wasn't gonna make you 30hp, if you bought that or your guy thinks you should have bought that BS, I'd be scared to post his name too

That said, it seems about in line, most of the stock DI 5.3s I've had my thumbs in made 280-300whp stock

maybe a smidge low, but we can't see the timing map so we can't say for certain if any power is left on the table. DI likes E too, more power to be had with E and timing
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I let my tuner pick my cam, they have certain grinds they have had success with and stick with them. Did you ask Texas speed if they had any recommendations on who should tune your truck?
Old 04-01-2021, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tjmath
I am still curious who your "reputable" tuner is……Not everyone is out to trash people. Just trying to help.
NicD
Originally Posted by arthursc2
Adding "30hp" is bullshit…. thinks you should have bought that BS, I'd be scared to post his name too
I’m not scared to post anyone’s name, I don’t like to until I have spoken with the person. It’s a respect thing, which many people have lost in this day and age.
I let my tuner pick my cam,
I posted on the local ‘LS’ facebook page about tuners that my vehicle can be towed to, tuned, and towed away from due to not being in the country. Once I got a few people’s names, I contacted each one of them, and told them everything about my vehicle. Parts used, intended usage, driving style, etc.

This isn’t my first build, probably closer to number 60. I do my own research, and my own builds. Being out of the country, I wanted to have my truck transformed and waiting for me, ready to be driven, once I am home.

I contacted texas speed, told them the same things I told the tuners, and we picked a cam from my descriptions.

I have since talked to the tuner, and everything seems legit at this time. And since he is a well-known stand-up guy, once I am home and get some miles on the vehicle, we will get the truck back on the dyno for any final adjustments needed.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions from those whom have helped along the way.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you got a handle on the situation. Stay safe over there and hope you have fun with the truck when your state side...
Old 04-01-2021, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Nic is a GREAT tuner and stands behind his work. He tuned my truck so I am pretty familiar with him.

He doesn't usually squeeze every last drop out of it unnecessarily and makes them very drivable. We did a few dyno pulls with mine and then he spent 45-60 min fine tuning it on the street doing logs and tweaking little things here and there.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive just done a afm delete with btr stage2 cam, had gpi port the stock heads and added tsp longtubes with catted y pipe. This is my dyno results just engine tuning no trans tuning.