Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Gregg - JJ is still running the 99 truck injectors They are 21.5 pounders, so he is probably running about 14:1 by the time he hits 6000 rpms. I'm sure his power level just falls off with the lack of fuel. Typically with that large of a cam, you'll have a higher HP number than torque. If he had enough fuel to feed peak torque the torque number will be about right, but if he's out of fuel before peak HP, power will drop off. I'd be willing to bet that with more fuel, his HP numbers will go up and the HP peak rpm will be higher than 5500.
Now that makes sense to me. I was just wondering if I was missing a trick or two. The HP line from my cam is still going up at 6K. I think I could use a couple degrees of advance in my set-up.

Very nice numbers, good target to shoot for.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that is one hell of a tune, was there a TON of tuning to be done to get it from 250 to your final numbers?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not sure if there was a ton of tuning to be done but you have to consider that it was bone stock 1999 5.3 tuning. So that in there lied the problem...stock tuning. Next mod is a radix and electric water pump hopefully by this summer.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Escalado
damn richard you are exactly right on why the power came on so early...
Maybe eventually, someone will start listening to me.

JJ, those were 8.1 liter 30 pound injectors you sold me. They would have been perfect for you now. Too bad, I never used them and finally sold them less than a month ago. But, if you remember (I do), right before you left town, I sold you a set of new 6L 24.5 pound injectors. They would be a little small, but would be much better than what you have now. What did you do with them?

You know, with the high compression you are running on that motor, boost is the last thing you'd need. You will be better off running nitrous again.

Hope you aren't taking your tranny back to the same shop. I think your tranny has had problems ever since that original guy worked it over.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

nitrous
Old 01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Ryan - Yeah, those are some bad a$$ brakes. 15" rotors, 2 piece calipers, 8 pistons. You have to run at least 20" wheels for them to fit.

I stopped by MMT this evening. They had pulled the gas tank and were fitting it with a dual in-tank setup. The direct port parts are in now, so were just waiting on a LSX intake.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dual in-tank setup.
More info please.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:57 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I wish I had my camera. They were mounting two 255 pumps in the tank. One uses the stock fuel feed and return line. The other gets new feed and return lines and an aeromotive regulator. The first should handle everything the stroker can throw at it, the second one fuels only the direct port system. I would think its similar to having a second pump from a fuel cell, except its feeding from the main tank. I'll get all the details if you want.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey people look in the classified section about my truck.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe eventually, someone will start listening to me.

I sold you a set of new 6L 24.5 pound injectors. They would be a little small, but would be much better than what you have now. What did you do with them?
Richard, he sold them to me.

Quick Reply: Dyno #'s