Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno'd after the 4l80e swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XLR8NSS you'd sell it after you bought it anyhow !

Power to the ground well i drive on Nitto555r all the time
and at the track i have a set of MT ET streets 28x12.5x16"
it's pretty tame till you get into it
Old 10-23-2004, 10:25 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Man that is cool!!!

How is the lag on your setup? I had thought the T76 would be a bit big for a stock 6.0L cubes and you are not too much larger. Then again, Seth knows what he is doing so I know better than to second guess.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

LAG ..hahaha
Some of the pulls were started at 4k because the tires were gettin shocked hard
I have a set of Stage II ported heads from abosolute speed which flow really well and the Cam from Seth is pretty stout
The truck spins up damn fast for a 370
so no Lag
Old 10-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're probably right Jim.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
12 Second Truck Club

That's awesome!!!

Someday when I have the cash I might try out a front mount for comparision sake. If I am leaving 50 or so rwhp on the table with a rear mount kit it's no big deal to me but if there is significantly more power to be had then I dont wanna sell myself short. So I wanna try both systems so I can give honest opinions on both types and not just heresay.

Congrats on the #s though. Like Parish said, uncork the exhaust and you'd be close to 600rwhp there.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know for a fact I'm giving up 60rwhp in the Big 4" offset diesal muffler I'm running
What can i say i like it quiet in the cab
Old 10-23-2004, 11:21 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am all about quiet when just driving around, my 3" turbo muffler robs 60rwhp from me but i dont want it any louder.

the entire lag discusion is prety much silly. if you lock it in 3rd(tranny and converter) and are going 15mph and then punch it yeah there is some lag but that isn't how things work. as soon as you punch it the converter unlocks and it downshifts and you are at 4000rpm making lots of exhaust. bam boost within tenths of a second.

if you know there is a race you can do a little rolling brake stall and have it prespooled, i can see as much as 5psi without acelerating at all just by riding the brake and gas at the same time. then punch it and you are at full boost almost instanly. traction(even in a 4wd) is a much larger concern than lag.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:34 AM
12 Second Truck Club

i was more talking about off idle lag. When racing light to light I almost never prespool the truck as it's very loud and most of the time I don't feel I need to even bother..

From a roll though I agree, even my laggy *** combo responds VERY quickly so that lag isn't even an issue.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:38 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can prespool at a stop light and it is so quiet that the other car doesn't even know i am doing it. 2-5psi launch and 15psi within .3 sec i would say. it would sure be nice to have 2 nearly identical turbo set ups but one be a sts and the other traditional. that would be an interesting test. optimize the turbo specs for each set up but the same truck otherwise.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Damn that's a quick spool up time... It would take me about 2sec. to get up to 5psi but from there to 7-8psi takes another 2seconds and my truck is running no cats and straight out of the turbo so it is way to damned loud for that. Hell you've seen the launch video and how loud it spools. Although now it doesn't take me near as long to get it spooled. I found out it's best to just stand on the brake and floor the gas pedal. LOL

As for the turbo comparision. I wish I had enough money to do it. Just because it would be a very definaitive test if done correctly. I mean even if the STS put out less power it would still have it's place in our world because of it's other pros but I would want people to know what exactly are the power output differences. Like yourself, I am not going to hide short comings of a system. i'd rather people know the truth so they don't waste money on something they wont be happy with...

If I knew I could get my money back on whichever system i didn't like I would do the comparo in a red hot second and I'd be calling the guys at CM for a kit.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd after the 4l80e swap