Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
View Poll Results: Dynomax Bullets or Hooker Aerochambers???
Dynomax Bullets
42.86%
Hooker Aerochambers
57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Dynomax bullets or Hooker aerochambers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax bullets or Hooker aerochambers????

Hey guys, I have Dynomax bullets right now and i have been offered a sweet deal on a pair of Hooker aerochambers. Im wanting to get some opinions as to which ones would sound better? I have 2.5" true dual (NO CATS), magnaflow x-pipe to bullets and turndowns right now. The setup will be staying the same besides swapping the mufflers...

Will the hookers perform better than the bullets? Will they sound better???

LMK Guys!! Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have bullets on my truck with the same setup as you plus cutouts. I voted for the bullets cause I havent personally heard the hookers. I like the sound the bullets have. "Better sound" is all in your personal preference so its kind of hard for someone to recommend a certain muffler. What kind of sound are you going for?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Bullets or Hookers....tuff choice. My vote is for hookers but that's only because I have them but the bullets do sound good too.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had the dynomax bullets and they sound great. I wish I still had them. I have heard a set of hookers on a camaro before and I like the bullets better. JMO
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
14 Second Truck Club

cant beat a cheap hooker.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I have dynomax bullet true dual with cats. I would go with them any day. they are cheap to begin with, they sound great and there is nothing restricting about them.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

hows the drone in cab on thie highway with the bullets without cats?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

1slow01z71: Im looking for the exhaust to be loud and have a good tone to it like the bullets do. I just want it to sound mean and aggressive like i got something under the hood. Im also wanting something with a little less drone...

three83: Do you have cats with your hookers? How do they sound??

Crazyaggie05: The drone is horrible. lol. It is hard to hold a phone conversation because the drone is so loud. Im actually looking for something with a little less drone but i still want it to sound loud and mean on the outside of the truck. Thats why im considering the hookers now. lol.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. You guys are making it hard for me to decide. I almost might as well save the money and keep the bullets if the votes are this close. lol. Thanks for all the help so far guys and keep the replys coming!!!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 08-04-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

well darn forget the bullets lol....my series 40 delta flow has lots of drone and like you, i have a hard time talkin in the truck on the highway! this weekend i say hello pacesetter LT's and goodbye cats, so i can imagine it will only get worse! im thinkin spintech maybe? if not that then def. magnaflow
Old 08-05-2005, 01:52 AM
TECH Veteran

WOW!!! You think you have bad drone now... Just wait till you chop those cats and throw on the long tubes!!! LOL. My drone is horrible. I cant talk on the phone unless i ram it into my ear to hear the person talking and when i take my girl out, we have to yell over the noise. They sound great on the outside and i really didnt care about the drone for awhile but i guess i just want something more tolerable on the inside at least.

I know Magnaflow makes a good muffler. That would probably be your best bet with your long tubes and no cats. It will still have a nice tone on the outside and it will probably still be kinda loud but magnaflows arent bad for the drone. Best of both worlds. I would get a magnaflow if i was going to spend more money but im only considering swapping cause i found a set of the aerochambers for a good price. I havent heard too much about the aerochambers so now im trying to do some research before i decide to try them out or not. There is a post on gmfullsize.com about the spintechs and 3 or more people have said they love them. Looks like you cant lose either way!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 08-05-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Dynomax bullets or Hooker aerochambers????