Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Ebay longtubes installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zebra86
now when people mention using the stock gaskets, are y'all reusing the ones that you already had or are you getting new OEM ones?
I got new OEM ones when I installed my StainlessWorks LT's (I don't like re-using gaskets that have already been compressed), although I've read of guys re-using their originals without any problems...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I still have my stock gaskets off my 5.3, theyve been on and off numerous times..
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine off and put the paper ones on. a few weeks later they started leaking so I picked my stockers up off the ground next to my trash can and put them back on.

Been doing fine.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by brewster240
somebody needs to make a soundclip with these.
They don't sound any different than any other longtube headers. The sound is much more dependent on the rest of the setup. In other words, everything that's both BEFORE & AFTER the headers.

Here's my truck with Ebay longtubes, Hooker Aerochamber in I pipe, and Flowmaster 40 series 1 into 2 custom catback...(it has since gotten slightly louder, but still sounds great IMO.

Idle and revs
(Don't mind the brakelights at every rev...blame it on the bigass feet, lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R2-OZCdgTM

Windows up, cruise then WOT on highway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehaxoqbZaI
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Sounds angry at rev! Nice!

Nice truck BTW.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Sounds angry at rev! Nice!

Nice truck BTW.
Thanks! Damn shame that it sounds badder than it is...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PHANTOM...did installing the LTs require any tuning? Any problems with idle or any thing else? I definately want to put some LTs on with true duals and side exits before the rear wheels, but I didn't want to hassle with either buying a tuner or having my ECM flashed with a tune (Nelson or others) before I could even drive it. Also were those resonators that came with the headers or were those cats? If they were resonators, did you eliminate the cats? If you did / do a CAT delete, does that require tweaks to the tuning? I know it did on my '01 Camaro SS since it was an automatic, however my 98 Z28 didn't since it was a 6sp car. Thanks for the info
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those look exactly like my OBX headers but for the 5.3
They look completly different new and after heat cycled a few times, mine look like crap and I would hate to see uncoated headers, holy runt pile.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by awSSum01
Hey PHANTOM...did installing the LTs require any tuning? Any problems with idle or any thing else? I definately want to put some LTs on with true duals and side exits before the rear wheels, but I didn't want to hassle with either buying a tuner or having my ECM flashed with a tune (Nelson or others) before I could even drive it. Also were those resonators that came with the headers or were those cats? If they were resonators, did you eliminate the cats? If you did / do a CAT delete, does that require tweaks to the tuning? I know it did on my '01 Camaro SS since it was an automatic, however my 98 Z28 didn't since it was a 6sp car. Thanks for the info
no need for a tune although it would most definitely help, they are just resonators

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
those look exactly like my OBX headers but for the 5.3
They look completly different new and after heat cycled a few times, mine look like crap and I would hate to see uncoated headers, holy runt pile.
these are still shiny
Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

will the y-pipe they supply bolt directly to the stock cat back? did you find a phone number for DPT Motorsport? the ebay page says free shipping at the top but at the bottom it says $100 for shipping and handling, i will call and order them today if it is free shipping

Quick Reply: Ebay longtubes installed