Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Ebay/OBX headers...was it a Hit & Run????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Ive heard alot about these headers, my question is, has anyone had them on their truck for over a year without issues? Like cracks around the welds or cracks in the bends? Just wondering about the quality of these things
I have had them on my truck for about 2.5yrs now, and for the comment about the Cheep chinese stainless.... Call it what you want but mine are not rusted, they are golden in color ( as all stainless gets with enough heat) but not rusted and never had a leak. knock on wood
Old 01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Worst part is you are wrong. Some of the china crap OBX came with hat can verify 2.5 or 3.0 Get your **** straight before you put that up unless you can prove it.. Nobody I have talked to can get a hold of anybody that can verify anything.. And the LPP are def not OBX.... So just because they might fit means nothing
+1, don't want to beat on ya man, but John is right, LPP and OBX are definitely not one and the same. They *may* be manufactured in the same country (not verified for LPP but assumed), but they are not the same product. If you line the headers up side by side they even look different.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
+1, don't want to beat on ya man, but John is right, LPP and OBX are definitely not one and the same. They *may* be manufactured in the same country (not verified for LPP but assumed), but they are not the same product. If you line the headers up side by side they even look different.
those headers he linked appear to be OBX copies of the Pacesetter headers. I've never seen those before.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ohh and to the opp, I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but what you stated wasn't correct..
Old 01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst part is you are wrong. Some of the china crap OBX came with hat can verify 2.5 or 3.0 Get your **** straight before you put that up unless you can prove it.. Nobody I have talked to can get a hold of anybody that can verify anything.. And the LPP are def not OBX.... So just because they might fit means nothing
Originally Posted by budhayes3
and how many different forms of these headers do you think are made in china? when i received my lpp y you could see where the rectangle obx name plate was broke off and the oval lpp name plate was welded on. lpp is rebadged obx. the plate i took off the headers lined right up into the 4 little tack welds let when it was rebadged. no question in my book.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some of the china crap OBX came with hat can verify 2.5 or 3.0
one more thing what does this mean?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Well I wouldn't just assume that they're the same...as I mentioned it would be nice to line them up side by side and see. From the pics I've seen of both they most definitely are not the same product, but I'm not 100% sure either. Unless you definitely know, I wouldn't post it as fact
Old 01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

From the emails i have recieved from LPP they are made here rather than overseas...and i agree, line them up next to eachother and you can tell the difference between the OBX and the LPP headers...as for the y-pipe, who cares...its a y-pipe. AND to make it completely correct, LPP laser cuts or stamps their logo into their y-pipe, it isnt a welded on badge like the OBX's. Check out their site or pictures from members who have ordered them directly from the company and see for yourself how they put their logo on their y-pipe. Should be right at the end where it merges into one pipe right next to the flange.

Ill be ordering the LPPs as soon as i get my tax return, to me they just appear to be a good product and the customer service that i have recieved from them so far without even buying anything has been really good.

Last edited by zachm89; 01-30-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know its not the same angle of both but look closely

obx

lpp
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They sure "look" the same, and I'd be confident betting someone LPP's are also made somewhere other than in the USA...not that it means anything anymore...

Has anyone found (listings for) the OBX/EBAY headers that I started this thread about?

I'm referring to the Ebay stainless that copied the OBX, that copied the Dynatechs...that don't look anything like the "OBX" headers linked above.

Quick Reply: Ebay/OBX headers...was it a Hit & Run????