Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Edelbrock intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry guys we're not talking elbows here.

i wouldnt run a elbow! get the 4 barrel with a nitrous plate underneath and call it a day
Old 12-22-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skeet

i wouldnt run a elbow! get the 4 barrel with a nitrous plate underneath and call it a day
Just mentioned elbows cause the OP asked about them but I do agree with no elbow like you mentioned. Skeet do you know if they make a dbw tb for the way your talking about?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I myself am running a ported vic jr and a edelbrock elbow with a 92mm tb and i LOVE it. It picked up a ton of power especially up top. Here is an old pic of how it was setup.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

o hell, lol. JB done went out and baught a 6.0 I been wonderin when that was gona happin. Also, guys i thought u only seen good gains from these vic jr. swaps with just FI? I know u should see some good potential with the nitrous, but what about NA? I wanted to do the same swap a while back to.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
o hell, lol. JB done went out and baught a 6.0 I been wonderin when that was gona happin. Also, guys i thought u only seen good gains from these vic jr. swaps with just FI? I know u should see some good potential with the nitrous, but what about NA? I wanted to do the same swap a while back to.
You think you caught me huh? Well, good luck findin out for sure...........
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
Just mentioned elbows cause the OP asked about them but I do agree with no elbow like you mentioned. Skeet do you know if they make a dbw tb for the way your talking about?
not sure i would have to search and seek lol, i hadnt seen one though. if i recall it was something about how the air flows into or through the elbow, dont quote me i would have to back step and find the info before i can actually clarify it.. if i was to go with a elbow it would only make sense to use some type of round one? some type of tubular fashion for a good swirl vortex type

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick
I myself am running a ported vic jr and a edelbrock elbow with a 92mm tb and i LOVE it. It picked up a ton of power especially up top. Here is an old pic of how it was setup.

youre not procharged or anything are you? reason i ask? is cause of what i think is a CAI tube looks to small ? the mouth of the TB looks alot bigger, i would want this the same size of the tb mouth, the more air taken in the more hp you can produce.

edit: my bad i see the wrapped pipes lol
Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00buckshot
Part # on the elbow? and where to get it?
edelbrock part number 3849

Originally Posted by skeet

i will have the 4barrel with the NX gemini twin nitrous plate under it soon...i wanna see if the 90mm tb is really gonna be a restriction tho, since i already have it.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys, im interested in hearing more about the elbow and how it flows as to what Skeet mentioned. I'd like to run the elbow just to keep things simple
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the way you're thinking here. I'd like to run a 4bbl on a vic jr as well, but being dbw my options are kinda limited. I'll probably just run an elbow with some kind of stock tb and a 4150 plate(if I use a plate). I would look at different plates other the the NX though. NOS bigshot is a proven performer, speedtech, nitrous pro-flow, and even zex perimeter plates seem to work well with our intake design(to a certain point then the plate itself starts having distribution problems).
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the zex perimeter is similar to the NX plate i am gonna run, i will be running the gemini twin plate

Quick Reply: Edelbrock intakes?